THANK YOU
VBR to CBR???
Collapse
X
-
VBR to CBR???
I was wondering if it was (I presume it is) possible to convert VBR to CBR and what program can be used to achieve best results..
THANK YOUThe Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXTags: None -
Re: VBR to CBR???
do you want a freeware program? i don't use a free one so i can't name one but i'm sure others here can. i personally use easy cdda extractor" and within the program, there's it's own module called "easy audio file converter". the version i have is 4.5 which is probably 5-6 years old but hey, if it ain't broke, why fix it, right? the encoding engine, lame, can be replaced separately (just get newest copy of lame.dll) so even tho the program is old, the encoding engine isn't. -
Re: VBR to CBR???
Can I ask why you'd wanna convert it from vbr to cbr?"If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004
Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
Maybe to reduce the file size?
I would use EAC and LAME to decompress it to WAV and then recompress it to CBR.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
well I am not sure I am thinking of the right thing...
Basically I got some cdj200 and I have lots of singles in VBR and the cdj's can play them but I cant use cue or fast forward so it makes playing those songs particularly difficult. So I thought if I converted them to CBR I wouldn't have a problem. Am I wrong? is there a better way?The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
why don't you just burn an audio cd, so they will become wav files...then you won't have to worry about that stuff, or are you really trying to only bring 4 cd's with you to a gig.Comment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
dude... dont try converting. you will only lose sound quality. YES, it is possible to take all those vbr's and convert them to 320k or whatever, but you will lose in the end. i've been using my 200's for over three years now and have never stooped to the level of re-converting tracks although at one point i did consider it and even got in to arguments with some other person on this board about sound loss. in the end, you and your listeners will benefit from burning the tracks as regular audio.Comment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
You can only downsample MP3s anyway, no point converting VBR to 320kbps. The best option is to burn as audio or WAV if the decks have problems tracking VBR.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
well the problem with the cdj 200's is this:
when you burn your tracks as data, the vbr encoded tracks will only play. you cannot cue them or set cue points. it becomes a real problem for someone who is trying to skimp on cdr's
Comment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
i think that if you re-encode them in the max. bitrate of the VBR there will be no quality loss, only a size increase.
i.e if the VBR is 128-256kbps and you encode it in 256kbps CBRComment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
okay...so wav it is then. Thanks for your insight guys. You have been more than helpful as always.The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
what do u mean....? I only have my tracks in mp3 i don't get them in wav ever?The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment