Wouldn't decompressing his VBR mp3s to WAV solve the tracking problems?
VBR to CBR???
Collapse
X
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
Wouldn't decompressing his VBR mp3s to WAV solve the tracking problems?
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head. -
Re: VBR to CBR???
I am under the impression that WAV would have no sound loss because it is uncompressed audio. It's taking your MP3s and decompressing them into an unprocessed format, kinda like unziping the contents of a zip file?
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
it is entirely possible that my understanding of the .wav format is misinterpreted.
for me, the saying "if it isn't broken, why fix it" applies here.
i will gladly accept any corrections in my previous statements if logically backed up.Comment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
According to Wiki, it's uncompressed raw audio though there are compressed versions (which I've not come across before)
But as you said, between uncompressing to WAV, and burning the files onto CDR, it's eaiser to just burn the MP3 as audio and let your burning program handle the decompression step.Though a WAV file can hold compressed audio, the most common WAV format contains uncompressed audio in the pulse-code modulation (PCM) format. PCM audio is the standard audio file format for CDs, containing two channels of 44,100 samples per second, 16 bits per sample. Since PCM uses an uncompressed, lossless storage method, which keeps all the samples of an audio track, professional users or audio experts may use the WAV format for maximum audio quality. WAV audio can also be edited and manipulated with relative ease using software.blabla
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
excellent ownage in that paragraph. even though i attended recording engineering classes, i retained about .000001% of the information being launched into my brain. i am only [constructively] arguing my point based on personal experience - better known as trial-&-error.
glad to have some resolution in the end though, thanks feather.Comment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
burning your tracks as audio = decode the .mp3s to uncompressed audio (.wav?
) so its the same as re-encoding it...
edit: oh i didnt see the posts above
Comment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
mp3 is compressed sound.
wav is is usually the raw sound file aka uncompressed.
if your source is mp3 ... you all ready lost.
if your source is wav ... you can up or down pending your final format.dead, yet alive.Comment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
when you burn to audio CD, you're actually decoding MP3 to WAV...since everything pretty much does it on the fly these days, why spend a separate step doing such, then burning?FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
going back though to the original question, you can TRY mp3packer and see if it works out well for you.
Definitely make backups of the originals first though
That was an annoyance in the 200's more then anything; the Denon 1000's I think worked better on that. The CDJ-400's and 1000MKIII's probably play them a lot cleaner too (not that I've ever had a personal need for such; to me it's more of the "in a pinch" mode, especially now with the 400's having USB built-in support)
My personal feeling is that if you re-encode, yes you lose some quality; it's a given. But if it's a very high-end encoding to begin with, a re-encode around that point I feel is a like a step or 2 down; say going from originally "256" to a "224" or a "192" overall sound...even though it may still say "256" on it.FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
well i don't actually keep any mp3 bellow 320kbps for mixing. I think even the vbr are encoded to a very high quality thats why I wasn't initially worried about loss of quality. But I have decided to burn all vbr as audio from now on anyways. So thanks 4 your help guys. Truly appreciated.The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: VBR to CBR???
How can going from VBR to CBR reduce the file size? Only way to achieve that is if they went a step down. I.E. going from 221KB to 192KB but then the sound quality is going to be smacked to hell and it won't make much of a difference in file size either.
Ouch. You might as well tell him to press it into vinyl and use it as a hub cap for a year before he listens to it.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,208
Posts: 1,238,521
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment