That is sad. I bought a copy.
Guess How Many Copies of Bedrock 10th sold?
Collapse
X
-
Re: Guess How Many Copies of Bedrock 10th sold?
220
.. and that was probably based on a load of pre-sales being signed.
I bought mine at Matter ... maybe that doesn't count as on official sale.sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: Guess How Many Copies of Bedrock 10th sold?
I didn't buy the whole album, but bought plenty of singles off of Beatrape. I wonder how this compares to the Transitions compilations...Comment
-
sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: Guess How Many Copies of Bedrock 10th sold?
I would have guessed it might have done 500-1000 in the first week. I don't know what the total is now, but i doubt it will be more than a couple of thousand. I guess it's not massively suprising, just quite sad. I expect a large proportion of the first week/pre-order sales might have been through non-chart eligable vendors (matter, etc...) Still, it's worrying low for an album that at least 10,000 people in the uk would have had more than a passing interest inComment
-
Re: Guess How Many Copies of Bedrock 10th sold?
^Credit crunch, a label tracks only release, and illegal downloads must be affecting every compilation like this Greg?
I remember back in 1998 when new GU's were £15.99 etc and now you can pick them up for under a tenner new, but I bet sales have dropped?Comment
-
Re: Guess How Many Copies of Bedrock 10th sold?
^ Fuck yeah. GU's now rarely break the 10k mark.10 years ago they would have sold twice that in the first monthComment
-
Re: Guess How Many Copies of Bedrock 10th sold?
Makes me wonder how labels make any money on CD releases at all?
I mean, we have all seen some really obscure compilations on the shelves haven't we? They can hardly sell any copies of things like that?Comment
-
Re: Guess How Many Copies of Bedrock 10th sold?
The packaging is also key - those GU's were nicely put together.
Personally a new Digweed GU from a live set (i.e no cheeky edits or ableton) from an exotic venue, in a long pack with a booklet filled with cool pics is more enticing.
But then there's a cost, and realistically how many fans are ther that actually buy the music these days ?
Exclusivity could be key - the intesting thing is that Sasha's avalon CD's fetch a packet on e-bay because of their limited release.
Also Sasha and Digweed together is more marketable and an event. Wonder how many would buy a Northern Exposure 4 (especially on the back of a high profile tour) ?
Personally I think they both missed a trick by not putting out a Delta Heavy compilation in 2002.sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: Guess How Many Copies of Bedrock 10th sold?
The packaging is also key - those GU's were nicely put together.
Personally a new Digweed GU from a live set (i.e no cheeky edits or ableton) from an exotic venue, in a long pack with a booklet filled with cool pics is more enticing.
But then there's a cost, and realistically how many fans are ther that actually buy the music these days ?
Exclusivity could be key - the intesting thing is that Sasha's avalon CD's fetch a packet on e-bay because of their limited release.
Also Sasha and Digweed together is more marketable and an event. Wonder how many would buy a Northern Exposure 4 (especially on the back of a high profile tour) ?
Personally I think they both missed a trick by not putting out a Delta Heavy compilation in 2002.
agreed... the dvd is ok, but i would have really liked a cd comp.
i have a decent recording of one of the shows, but a nice mastered copy with some extra goodies would have been greatComment
-
Re: Guess How Many Copies of Bedrock 10th sold?
Is that the The Buzz, Washington 14-Apr-02 ... or have you been holding out on us all these years Steve !
sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,212
Posts: 1,238,528
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment