It made me smile too....thank you diggers for taking the time to reply....I know Jibs is up there smiling in heaven
My letter to Diggers for Jib.
Collapse
X
-
Re: My letter to Diggers for Jib.
It made me smile too....thank you diggers for taking the time to reply....I know Jibs is up there smiling in heavensigpic
RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
-
Re: My letter to Diggers for Jib.
Diggers is a man of few words, even on the Bedrock board - it was nice that he remembers Steve ... a shout out on his show would be a nice gesture.sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: My letter to Diggers for Jib.
I thougth that was a nice response from Diggers.Comment
-
Re: My letter to Diggers for Jib.
I reckon Steve would have been more that happy with that especially the "email pest" bit .agreed. that john responded at all is great. what would amaze you is how many artists, 1) would have never read the email in the first place, and 2) actually responded if they did. john is a class guy, and that response was both fitting and sufficient. he knew exactly who steve was, and called him a true fan. steve would have been damn proud of that...
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: My letter to Diggers for Jib.
from what I understand, these shows are produced, edited and mastered well in advance from 2-3 months and many corporate owned radio stations - broadcast and/or internet may have restricted policy on what could be considered controversial. Corporate management and regulation of mega media companies seem to lean toward the highly conservative as neutral ground as possible. Don't get me wrong, it would be great if Digweed did actually mention Steve's name and something about his neverending dedication to the music in some sort of way or fashion and even better if an actual mix gets aired but I wouldn't get your hopes up. And I'm sure he gets hundreds of emails on a daily basis so at least he did respond to the email with some decent and kind words.
Its been a couple months since I've had contact with Chris Fortier and his agent who might have a direct line to Digweed. As well as with Jimmy van M. I will make an attempt at both avenues and see if they respond to emails. Back in the day, I was pretty close to the pre-Balance Record Pool/Eros Euphony/Orlando Progressive crowd, its been awhile but I will do my darndest to see if I can rattle the cage a bit.
Chloe did you have any luck?Comment
-
Re: My letter to Diggers for Jib.
Guys, simmer down and leave Digweed alone.
The guy is not an [ms] regular. He wasn't a friend of Steve or any of us on here. Hell, he didn't really even know Steve beyond a few brief interactions. What do you expect from him? He is a professional DJ who is extremely busy, traveling to just about every country around the world and interacting with millions of fans. Be glad you got the response you did - which was nice of him to do, by the way.
Besides, nothing that Digweed says/doesn't say changes the real legacy that Steve left behind for those that knew him.mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslavComment
-
Re: My letter to Diggers for Jib.
I guess i'm one of the few who didn't agree with the response. it's one thing to be a professional and one to be human. we weren't asking for the moon, just 4 seconds of radio time to honor our friend and a true fan. everything jibby ever stood for and did musically was because of diggerz. while that maybe lost in translation for some, the fact of the matter is we lost a good human and that deserves more than a consolation note especially when you see this fan everytime you spin at a location. i dont know i guess i'm just emotional about the issue.
edit - do we have any guarantees it was really from him. the response was just from the source email address thats delegated to receiving fan mail.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: My letter to Diggers for Jib.
in regards to playing his mix, i do not see it to be appropriate.
if other people out there saw this, that were in a similar fragile mental state as our friend steve was, one could see it as a "go out with a bang mentality". you cannot reward that kind of action. sets a bad precedence imo.
i know it is real extreme, but if i were a higher up at kiss 100, i would not allow it.Comment
-
Re: My letter to Diggers for Jib.
^^ that being said, it would be awesome to hear.... id love it, but i do not see it happening
Comment
-
Re: My letter to Diggers for Jib.
I just got an email from Chris Fortier and he's forwarding the various links of the Mercury server threads about Steve directly to Digweed. I hope this helps and maybe Diggers will consider this. I haven't heard from Dave Cannalte (one of Florida's godfather and pioneer of progressive house) or Jimmy van M yet.
Here is an edited version of the email I got. I took out the personal stuff between me and him for privacy concerns for both of us.
from MySpace -
hi oliver
thanks for the email, good to hear from you again.
[edited personal private text]
i will forward this to john, no problem. someone else contacted me through my agency about steve james this week too with another thread concerning me.
keep in touch,
chrisComment
-
Re: My letter to Diggers for Jib.
keeping fingers crossed.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: My letter to Diggers for Jib.
I personally think that Miroslav is right. I think that it was a fine email from John. Let's cut the guy some slack ffs.A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
-
Re: My letter to Diggers for Jib.
i agree with Miroslav and the like. Digweed is an incredibly busy man and has a lot on his plate.
while it would mean alot TO US if he would say something on his show, i really doubt he will and dont think of it as weak if he doesnt.
the fact that digweed wrote back and remembered Steve is a lot and enough in my book."pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" JamesComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,524
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment