^that was like 4,000 posts worth of dhar2 words.
Where can I buy GAS denim on-line?
Collapse
X
-
Re: Where can I buy GAS denim on-line?
^that was like 4,000 posts worth of dhar2 words.
It was fun while it lasted...
-
Re: Where can I buy GAS denim on-line?
^was thinking that too ... the only time Dhar made any sense.
I used to wear G-star but got over them. I like their jeans, interesting details and nice washes, but everyone wears them so I kinda got over it.
Nudie is also quite popular if you want to check out some other brands. They do a good variety of cuts and always have decent washes. I own a pair of black coated Slim Jims.
I've been wearing a pair of PRPS jeans the past year, best fitted jeans I've worn, and very well made. Mine are raw selvedge but they make some really nice distressed jeans, I've read their distressed jeans are some of the best around.
And I just picked up a pair of simple raw selvedge jeans from Uniqlo today for USD65.
I'm now looking for a pair of black jeans to replace my black Nudies that've gotten tight from too many squats at gym

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Where can I buy GAS denim on-line?
You've educated me therei know the industrial cost for a pair of jeans
i know their suppliers and their laundries.
i personally feel for the price, they dont use particularily nice denim's or nice washes!
obviously every company has its mark up and some jeans are horrendously over priced for what they are. eg. paper denim cloth - they dont use anything special in terms of fabric or wash. but they are in hence sell. however, everyone states they love the fit, hence maybe they've got that right. but it doesnt justify the price tag.
lets just say that the jeans u pay $150 will have an industrial cost of about $15-$20. someone like diesel for its top end stuff will be around $30 (prices based on a normal height(160cm) non selvdge denim)
Gas make decent basic jeans and i cant fault them. They have a certain consumer in mind and a certain image. at the end of the day its all down to the percieved value of the consumer, as they cant tell the difference between one fabric and another, or the details of a wash.
Comment
-
Re: Where can I buy GAS denim on-line?
so please enlighten us some more... what jeans do you think are worth it?i know the industrial cost for a pair of jeans
i know their suppliers and their laundries.
i personally feel for the price, they dont use particularily nice denim's or nice washes!
obviously every company has its mark up and some jeans are horrendously over priced for what they are. eg. paper denim cloth - they dont use anything special in terms of fabric or wash. but they are in hence sell. however, everyone states they love the fit, hence maybe they've got that right. but it doesnt justify the price tag.
lets just say that the jeans u pay $150 will have an industrial cost of about $15-$20. someone like diesel for its top end stuff will be around $30 (prices based on a normal height(160cm) non selvdge denim)
Gas make decent basic jeans and i cant fault them. They have a certain consumer in mind and a certain image. at the end of the day its all down to the percieved value of the consumer, as they cant tell the difference between one fabric and another, or the details of a wash.I wonder if this new healthcare thing covers my pre-existing condition: AWESOMENESS.Comment
-
Re: Where can I buy GAS denim on-line?
7forallmankind
diesel
energie
I stick with these...the quality/value is always solid for the price.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Where can I buy GAS denim on-line?
spot on mate! diesel = best quality, energie = wicked jeans! energie ftw!
meltin' pot is cool too and timezone has some nice designs as well!Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks
"Winston Churchill"
Comment
-
Re: Where can I buy GAS denim on-line?
I buy them at www.dkny.com but I buy the ones they are really trying to sell. Not the brand new overpriced stuff.
Frankly if I knew how to sew, I'd just make my own jeans. Then I could really talk about my jeans, Because I made them.

Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Where can I buy GAS denim on-line?
If I 'get' BAPE I'd probably pay for it, but I don't understand BAPE at all nor find its products attractive.
Just look at what he did to this Merz:




i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Where can I buy GAS denim on-line?
/fixed7forallmankind
rockandrepublic
575denim
I stick with these...the quality/value is always solid for the price.(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))Comment
-
Re: Where can I buy GAS denim on-line?
like i said! the percieved value of the product!
depends on what your after.
Diesel Design Gallery and PRPS have some great washes and fabrics.
Energie arent bad, but their washes are very fake.
Levis are probably your best bet for basics
Edwin have some great vintage washes.
Comment
-
Re: Where can I buy GAS denim on-line?
I was thinking of a pair of Edwin before picking up the cheaper Uniqlo. TBH I'm not a big fan of fancy washes, I like the dark indigo that comes with most raw jeans.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Where can I buy GAS denim on-line?
for a decent quality raw denim you have to pay!
a lot of cheaper denim are made up of synthetic indigos and have pre or post dyes of black to darken the colour.
generally its best to buy raw selvedge denim, as it has a more rustic construction (due to the shorter looms) and has a pure indigo colour.
Comment
-
Re: Where can I buy GAS denim on-line?
The Uniqlo is raw selvedge!
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,208
Posts: 1,238,519
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment