where da linx???
Report - Sasha at fabric
Collapse
X
-
Re: Report - Sasha at fabric
It was still a pretty decent night out, so i suppose I shouldn't moan too much - I just have very hugh standards
.
Here's a vid of the opener that I found:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgndTvzEJMg[/YOUTUBE]sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: Report - Sasha at fabric
Some more vids:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm5scLRCX80&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOopfTGLPHM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o5mnYodtBo[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTzh7s1foyc[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6yuDD5d5kc[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFA2BVFv_3I[/YOUTUBE]
Now this was a tune
... sounds like Life in technicolour:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgXLKSiqYPw[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTIhBZ8B-NA[/YOUTUBE]
plus a bit of Stimulation
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF_yvQSpf5U[/YOUTUBE]sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: Report - Sasha at fabric
I have to admit this was amazing !
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgXLKSiqYPw[/YOUTUBE]

Artist: Jon Hopkins
Title: Light Through The Veins
Label: Double Six
Genre: Electronic
1. Light Through The Veins 9:22
2. Light Through The Veins (Radio Edit) 4:21
3. Light Through The Veins (David Holmes Remix) 6:38
4. Light Through The Veins (Ewan Pearson's Downtown 14:35
Lights Remix)
Release Notes:
Jon Hopkins is a musical shapeshifter: a composer, pianist and
a self-taught studio wizard. He makes affecting, bold
electronic music using walls of synths, lustrous melodies and
amorphous bass rumbles. As such his two albums have seen him
labelled by the likes of ambient patriarch Brian Eno as an
electronic innovator while an impressive sweep of artists from
Herbie Hancock and David Holmes to King Creosote and Coldplay,
have called upon his handiwork as a producer and composer.
In fact, Coldplay were so taken with Light Through the Veins -
which is earmarked as the first single from Hopkins' new album
Insides - that they used a reworked version to bookend last
year's bestselling Viva La Vida and persuaded the 28-year-old
Londoner to spend the last six months of 2008 opening their
live shows across the USA and Europe.sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: Report - Sasha at fabric
After watching those vids... I say I would have had a bloody good time that night...
Love this track - Is this Life in Tecnicolour or the next that was posted below it?~ You are what you think you are ~
Comment
-
Re: Report - Sasha at fabric
Not quite sure what people are expecting from Sasha these days. Personally I enjoyed it. Heard him play some proper menacing stuff and I was doing the last 3 hours with a migraine and still managed to enjoy it. So he must be doing something right.
On that performance I'm quite looking forward to seeing him play with Diggers at the end of the month. Bring it on!
Oh and I was neither pilled up or drunk.Comment
-
Re: Report - Sasha at fabric
^^ glad you enjoyed it - plus going through the pain barrier with a migraine proves your a hardened clubber.
The vids actually sound good, I just thought there wasn't that much structure, cohesion or variety - but a lot of people enjoyed it on the Bedrock board. It wasn't a bad set, but I had high expectations (otherwise there'd be no point in travelling 200 miles).
I was just providing honest feedback - trust me its far easier to post best set ever and try to make baord members jealous ... but that's not me.
Funnily enough I really enjoyed 10.5 which others weren't crazy about.
Sasha clearly tailored his sound to fabric ... just hope to tailors his sound to Cream on the 22nd !sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: Report - Sasha at fabric
I definitely prefer honest reviews!! Although I have had a Dj hunt me down when I did one that had some unfavourable elements.
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Report - Sasha at fabric
^^ That's me !
Sasha hunting me down would be funny.sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment