mercuryserver progressive culture • est. 2002 TRY THE NEWHORIZON BETALIVE READ-ONLY PREVIEW ↗

Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rawrmune
    replied
    Re: Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

    Sorry to bump such an old thread but I've been trying to download the APE quality set for a while. However, one link doesn't seem to be be working, the first link for part 2. It says "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." I've been checking it for a while now and it really seems to be down. It's driving me crazy, missing just 1 part. Does anyone still have this set? I just need part 2.

    Leave a comment:


  • djkix
    replied
    Re: Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

    Originally posted by tiddles
    it might be out there considering the set was recorded and released with out digweed's knowledge.

    on a side note, anyone playing that "deep dark darkness blackness" prog after this set is pretty much irrelevant because this one is the gold standard imo
    this set is golden. sound quality is really good. pretty easy to find with p2p. the only mistake was the bad mixing between lonestar-new kicks and chris lake & rowan blades-philth, which is unfortunate. maybe someone could fix that part.

    Leave a comment:


  • futura
    replied
    Re: Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

    Cool - thanks!

    Originally posted by Feliti
    Yep, having the same trouble here, probably moving the file a couple of times may have caused this.
    Give me a couple of days and I fix it.

    fe.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feliti
    replied
    Re: Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

    Yep, having the same trouble here, probably moving the file a couple of times may have caused this.
    Give me a couple of days and I fix it.

    fe.

    Leave a comment:


  • futura
    replied
    Re: Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

    Originally posted by Feliti
    this is it mates.
    I hope you find the quality up to your likes.
    The source of this one is still a mistery to me, but I think it sounds really good, and worth the 1.5gb.

    Have a really nice weekend.

    fe.
    I'm having problems with Part 3 and Part 4. The last quarter? of them don't play. It unRAR's, but the APE skips. By skipping I don't mean like record-skipping. I mean it plays through to say, around 25 minutes left (on Part 4) and it just stops. It then rewinds to the beginning, as if the file is corrupt/unplayable.

    I'm using Cog on OSX. Do any of you get similar behavior on whatever platform you're on?

    I tried doing a simple Mp3 convert via "Max", and it says "MonkeyAudio error".

    Leave a comment:


  • futura
    replied
    Re: Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

    Thanks simonr for the info on the MP3. I was aware of the "lossless" issue - same example if you take a 192Kbps Mp3 and encode it to FLAC - FLAC is a loss-less copy of the 192 Mp3 - but you still were sourced at a 192 MP3.

    As far as this recording goes, I think the APE is clearer, yes louder, but the dynamics are still there.

    Definitely better than the Mp3 version I have currently.

    (I seem to remember having an MP3 version in parts, and then I came across a full MP3 and deleted the parts version... I'm not sure how much transcoding has evolved as this thing gets passed around, but this APE is well worth it.)

    Leave a comment:


  • Feliti
    replied
    Re: Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

    Technically the uncompression shouldn´t affect the quality at all, it´s just a binary processing.
    If you hear anomalies in the recording, should be probably from the source, not a quality downgrade product of the compress/decompress process.

    Leave a comment:


  • ProgAgressive_Maniac
    replied
    Re: Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

    Thanks heaps for the upload Feliti... Much appreciated.. But any chance of someone upping it onto rapidshare???

    oh and on the loss-less subject [well a lil off the subject].. I was at a convention recently in a seminar held by George Massenburg. He showeds us how to find the artifacts in an mp3 file and let us hear it.. Man you guys would be surprised and disgusted at how shit [like we didnt already know] the quality of mp3's are.. even at 320!

    Originally posted by simonr
    never will you get a lossless sound format (whether it be FLAC, APE or WAV etc.).
    In a technical sense this is true.. as long as there is a sample rate then we can never really get loss-less... FLAC & APE are loss-less with regards to Wave files but even wave files have a sample rate so that means they are not really recording what our ears hear or what say analogue gear would of recorded. Its all relative thou. I would love it if everything was record at 192kHz/24-bit and we could download and listen to that!!

    Leave a comment:


  • DIDI
    replied
    Re: Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

    Yep.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonr
    replied
    Re: Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

    Originally posted by DIDI
    Thanks . Now another question, Rar files always seem to sound a bit muddy to me even if they are 320 . Is this normal or have I been unlucky. ???

    I've fiddled around with converting myself and it never seemed to make it any better
    I thought RAR files are just a way of compressing/storing or splitting/sending files - once extracted you should get the complete file. So there should be no difference in audio quality.

    I assume you've extracted the MP3's from the RAR's ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Feliti
    replied
    Re: Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

    this is it mates.
    I hope you find the quality up to your likes.
    The source of this one is still a mistery to me, but I think it sounds really good, and worth the 1.5gb.

    Have a really nice weekend.

    fe.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feliti
    replied
    Re: Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

    John Digweed - Live in Beirut ( 2004-02-28 ) [APE]

    Part 4


    Leave a comment:


  • DIDI
    replied
    Re: Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

    Originally posted by simonr
    I think gatz is making the point that these sets come out in MP3 format ... sometimes you luck out with a 320 kbs version - never will you get a lossless sound format (whether it be FLAC, APE or WAV etc.).

    People sometimes mess around with the original version converting - but while it sounds different there's no adjustment on quality.

    I've got a 320 version of Beruit and will be interested in the APE. But it needs a sound engineer/expert to advise us further.

    Plus it depends what quality the original leak of the set was ... if you're not close to the source you'll never know how high the original quality was.

    Diggers blew a gasket when this came out ... it it'd been in lossless format his head would probably have exploded !!
    Thanks . Now another question, Rar files always seem to sound a bit muddy to me even if they are 320 . Is this normal or have I been unlucky. ???

    I've fiddled around with converting myself and it never seemed to make it any better

    Leave a comment:


  • simonr
    replied
    Re: Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

    ^^ yeh

    Leave a comment:


  • tiddles
    replied
    Re: Digweed - Beirut Set - FLAC?

    it's the new kicks song that skips right?
    such a shame, that song is wicked. but then that remix of filth comes in and it's ok again, plus it ends with Ruhe so that makes up for it.

    i'm thinking of the right set, no?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
    THE DOOROCTA PLAYER
    Enter the full venue ↗