If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Alright so who is for and who is against this vaccine? I am obviously strongly against the vaccine considering that swine flu or bird flu can't jump to humans EVER!! It could only be done in a lab. I will not be taking the swine flu vaccine also because it sounds like it will be the first of three vaccines that you will have to take.
Also the scientists say that it has infected over 400,000 people and only 800 deaths I will take my chances considering this vaccine has not been tested for side effects.
I think we should really go over this since Canada and the US are now talking about Mandatory vaccines!!
swine flu or bird flu can't jump to humans EVER!! It could only be done in a lab.
That's an interesting statement. I'm no scientific expert, but all information that I have ever seen or heard from medically and scientifically trained professionals seems to clearly contradict your assertion. But I'm open to a different perspective. Please submit the scientific evidence that supports your claim.
Alright so who is for and who is against this vaccine? I am obviously strongly against the vaccine considering that swine flu or bird flu can't jump to humans EVER!! It could only be done in a lab. I will not be taking the swine flu vaccine also because it sounds like it will be the first of three vaccines that you will have to take.
Also the scientists say that it has infected over 400,000 people and only 800 deaths I will take my chances considering this vaccine has not been tested for side effects.
I think we should really go over this since Canada and the US are now talking about Mandatory vaccines!!
Before I answer, I have to say, the underpinnings of the question don't make a hell of a lot of sense to me. Swine flu can't "jump" to humans, except in a lab, yet 400,000 people have been infected? Unless you maintain that those 400K people were all infected in a lab -- or even most of them -- those two statements seem inconsistent.
I'm also not sure I understand what it means to be "for" or "against" a vaccine. FFS, it isn't a sports team, its a drug.
I doubt I'll take it, though. Any such vaccine will likely be in short supply, and I'd rather see it go to the elderly and people for whom it is a life-threatening virus.
^^ I will of course let runningman speak for himself, but my general interpretation of his statement is that the virus was created in a lab - perhaps some top-secret CIA stuff or something - and that it then got loose into the general population and spread human to human, kinda like in the movie Outbreak.
Apparently there is a lot you aren't aware of Toasty. For starters this strain is attacking the young and healthy not the old. So for you to want to stand aside and let pappa take it is ridiculous to say the least.
Swine Flu and Bird Flu couldn't jump from bird - human or pig - human transfer. That is why it hasn't been a problem. Don't you find it weird that scientists are puzzled as to how it transferred to humans?? But when you mix human seasonal flu with strains from the bird flu, swine flu, and spanish flu now you have a great flu.
You also might want to ask yourself have they tested this new vaccine??
The answer is no. The testing trials have just started this month which means that if there is a fall mandatory vaccine we will have no way of knowing what the short term and long term side effects are. Also you are probably asking yourself why would the gov't order hundreds of millions of doses of something untested?? It doesn't make sense considering the last bird flu vaccine Pharma came up with a lot of people died.
Turns out they grabbed some poor people paid them a couple bucks to be guinea pigs and it killed 21 of the 350 tested. Funny, now Glaxo Smith Kline is limiting the testing trials because the world gov't are demanding the vaccine to much (Bottom of Cui Bono article)
Now for the clincher. You would think that the big pharmaceutical companies like Baxter and Glaxo Smith Kline would be held accountable if what they handed off as a vaccine actually killed people or made them sick right?? Wrong
Swine Flu and Bird Flu couldn't jump from bird - human or pig - human transfer. That is why it hasn't been a problem. Don't you find it weird that scientists are puzzled as to how it transferred to humans?? But when you mix human seasonal flu with strains from the bird flu, swine flu, and spanish flu now you have a great flu.
And do you also believe that AIDS was something that the US government secretly created to punish gays?
Alright so who is for and who is against this vaccine? I am obviously strongly against the vaccine considering that swine flu or bird flu can't jump to humans EVER!! It could only be done in a lab. I will not be taking the swine flu vaccine also because it sounds like it will be the first of three vaccines that you will have to take.
This is incorrect. Avian and swine flu can infect humans directly. It just depends on the amount of exposure and risk. If you constantly work around pigs who are infected, you increase your risk of having a virus that has mutated and is able to jump ship to humans. Likewise, those who work around chickens who are infected with H1N5, are at a higher risk of acquiring avian flu since animal-to-human transmission has been seen through chickens.
Swine flu has been around before, but now it's a much stronger strain, which is expected given that viruses mutate.
Regardless, do as you wish with vaccines. It may help the evolution of humans in the long run if there's a select group of people that are able to have a natural resistance to it. All vaccinations are just attenuated viruses, or basically immobilized viruses. When you take vaccines, there's no garauntee your body will produce the antibodies needed, or the correct ones at that, to fend off a flu.
Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
-Bertrand Russell
Apparently there is a lot you aren't aware of Toasty. For starters this strain is attacking the young and healthy not the old. So for you to want to stand aside and let pappa take it is ridiculous to say the least.
Whatever. Swine flu is well down the list of things that I'm worried about right now. If I get it, sad day for me, but I've not overly concerned about it.
I do think it's odd, though, that on the one hand, you're telling me that I SHOULD be concerned about it, and that I SHOULD NOT take the vaccine. Kinda getting mixed messages here.
Oh, and by the way, you'd be hard pressed to find someone on this board, and probably in the country as a whole, that has more distrust of the pharmaceutical industry than I do.
Originally posted by runningman
So you tell me why you would want to take it??
Well, I don't. I think at times you're so eager to disagree with people that you don't bother to read what we're actually writing.
Toasty - The point of the thread was to see if you were going to get the swine flu shot or not. No mixed messages I was just advising that you not get it as I am concerned for your health!!
Untested
No accountability if things go wrong
Proof in the past that the vaccine could possibly kill you
Honestly I am just concerned for your safety not that I want to be argumentative.
Ok then. The reason that I asked is because, as you are perhaps aware, scientific research over the course of decades has strongly suggested that the AIDS virus originated in apes before it became transmittable via human interaction. My point is that there is more than one scientific data point that points to viruses jumping species, even if it doesn't happen frequently.
Viruses are basically tiny infectious agents that are basically made up from genetic components.
Guess what genetic DNA does? IT MUTATES - sometimes in extreme and unexpected ways. You've heard of babies born with cleft palates and people getting cancer, right? Those are examples of results of genetic mutations.
And therefore, guess what viruses do? THEY MUTATE constantly - sometimes in extreme and unexpected ways. And so what was a benign infection could, in some very small probability of likelihood, jump the fence between certain species and become a killer. It's not that outlandish of a notion.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment