• DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM 90.3 •18.02.2012 • Episode 041

1c2e877b4b42ec8af89da613da8034cd35e12bfb8228d59e4b649070085bf03c6g.jpg

Resident / Episode 041 / February 18 2012

• February 19th, 2012

Part 1 Tracklist

Amirali - Beautiful World (Daniel Bortz Remix)
    Magit Cacoon & Nunu - Soul Motion
    Black scorpion
    Abstraxion - Moribayasa (Argys Back To Techno Mix)
    Guy J & Miriam Vaga - Fly (Hybrid Soundsystem Remix)

Part 2 Tracklist

Coherent - Archetypal
    Coherent - Archetypal (Tvardovsky Remix)
    Simon Firth - Time Lapse (Guy Mantzur & Khen remix)
    Oosfera - Otońo

http://www.podbean.com/podcast-downl...2012-02-18.mp3
    Last edited by DIDI; February 19, 2012, 02:03:57 AM.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • unkle
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Mar 2007

Re: hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM 90.3 •18.02.2012 • Episode 041

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

You and me again !
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• unkle
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Mar 2007

As always DIDI as always,

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Podcast isn't up yet, and it's the one dayI had to go out. I haven't heard it yet

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

Hernán Cattáneo : Resident (Delta_FM 90.3) - Episode 041

Part 1:

01. Amirali - Beautiful World (Daniel Bortz Remix) [Crosstown Rebels | CRM090]
            02. Magit Cacoon & Nunu - Soul Motion [Girl Scout | GS04]
            03. D-Nox - Black Scorpion (Around The World EP) [My Best Friend | MBF12086]
            04. Abstraxion - Moribayasa (Argys Back To Techno Mix) [Different Recordings | DIFU252]
            05. Guy J - Fly (Hybrid Remix) [Bedrock Digital | BEDGJDIGI01]

Part 2:

01. Coherent - Archetypal [Particles | PSI1205]
            02. Coherent - Archetypal (Tvardovsky Remix) [Particles | PSI1205]
            03. Simon Firth - Time Lapse (Guy Mantzur & Khen Remix) (The Beginning EP) [99percentrecordings | 99.001]
            04. Oosfera - Otońo (Cosmic Dust EP) [Opendecks Records | ODR017]

Release Notes:

01. Amirali - Beautiful World (Daniel Bortz Remix) [Crosstown Rebels | CRM090]

Emerging from the Crosstown Rebels camp and into the limelight, Iranian Canadian producer Amirali is heading for big things in 2012. Launching the year with first single ‘Beautiful World’, this captivating slice of nu-wave wonky electronic melancholic house has seismic dancefloor appeal.

Laced with the gothic sound of Depeche Mode colliding in the future with the spawn of Art Department and Underworld at Burning Man’s Robot Heart, the original cut of ‘Beautiful World’ is a seductive, space-age concoction of weird and groovy magnitude. Driven by bass swagger and imbued with an air of cinematic harmony, the penetrating vocal injects a gothic pop sensibility and marks out Amirali as the new voice in dance music. In this near epic package, the song is given cubic dimensions from a pool of current world-class talent.

Suol-mate Daniel Bortz delivers a percussive treat in his remix with bongos and shakers rolling over a deep disco house groove as moody inflections on the vocal and slower swirling pads create lush space between the original elements.

Next up, the queen of atmospheric house Deniz Kurtel Bringing down the pace, allowing for plenty of spooky spaciousness, her rework is a master class in progression and sonic texture, effortlessly gliding from futuristic bleeps to funky licks and utilising the melody to devastating effect. Taking things in an entirely fresh direction, Wagon Repair’s Hrdvision produces a tougher version in the final remix that’s offset with the warping futuristic pads and metallic beats.

Since opening the Get Lost 4 compilation mixed by Damian Lazarus with the track ‘My Way’, Amirali has been as bubbling talent just waiting to blow up the Rebels camp in 2012. The already completed album is set for a release this Spring and will see the development of this true musicians unique sound, blending the lines of techno/disco/funk and electronica along with that mysterious and haunting voice.

02. Magit Cacoon & Nunu - Soul Motion [Girl Scout | GS04]

Girl Scout starts the year with a new EP from label head Magit Cacoon, along side previous contributor for the imprint Nunu. The duo shows new sides to their production style with Cacoon contributing her vocals, and Nunu experimenting with middle eastern instruments and elements all coming together into a Parisian like Chanson, backed by 80's organ chords and pads setting the mood. But make no mistake about it come break time, 'Soul Motion' is sure to lit a spark on the floor. Remix support comes from Keinemusic's &ME, delivering a druggy after hours interpretation, and pumping mix from Ostwind's P.Toile & Dirt Crew's Tigerskin.

03. D-Nox - Black Scorpion (Around The World EP) [My Best Friend | MBF12086]

My Best Friend (MBF) is the warmer, punchy disco-house sub-label of Traum Schallplatten, the Cologne-based powerhouse run by Triple R (aka Riley Reinhold) and Jacqueline Klein. The Traum stable is now home to eight separate imprints: Traum Schallplatten, Trapez, Trapez Ltd, My Best Friend (aka MBF), MBF Ltd, Paintwork, Zaubernuss and Telrae.

D-Nox returns with his second release on MBF.

"Dirty Streets" undergoes quite a metamorphosis from a house to an acid track, using catchy elements and stripping it down to essentials, giving vintage elements a new life.

D-Nox uses his experience which enable him to reduce things, keeping them simple which is an art by itself, for those who know. The effect is a really clubby and super strong party tune.

"Black Scorpion" is is a perfect counterpart, heavy pounding less light and jolly, much more acting on the darker side of things it developed step by step into a epic track with driving chords being added in the post Detroit fashion (respect to Blake Baxter).

04. Abstraxion - Moribayasa (Argys Back To Techno Mix) [Different Recordings | DIFU252]

Harold Boué aka Abstraxion is a french London based producer. His two previous singles on Different Recordings, Jus` Acid and Jaipurs Elephant were supported by Andrew Weatherall, Erol Alkan and Brodinski to name but a few.

Harold explains his idea behind this new track,"The word Moribayasa comes from Guinea, it’s a dance for a woman who has overcome a great adversity.

The idea was to create hypnotic and psychedelic music that makes the body dance. Something that is pulled from deep inside to create a chant, from darkness to light. A kind of a shamanic experience."

The stellar remix package comes courtesy of Argy, DJ Kaos and Brioski 
Argy says of his remix - "When i heard the original for the first time it was clear to me which part i was going to use as i immediately fell in love with that industrial sounding lead sound that Abstraxion wrote. My idea was to build a bridge between old school NY Warehouse beats and a more futuristic Berghain aesthetic.

Something that could have been made 10 years ago or 10 years later in the future." 
Dj Kaos on his Re – Edit says – “I just stripped down the original mix! i had a feeling that it works better with less elements going on. The original mix is great too but for my taste and club experience its just too much going on, too much building. i just looped two parts of the song and build new rhythm parts snares, claps, hi hats very simple and functional. The mix works amazing!.`

And finally Brioski says of his remix of Alter Echoes, `I wanted to add a funk touch with the inclusion of slap bass. I wanted to keep the Abstraxion sound synthetic, developing my remix with analogue sound, some percussion, mystic riffs and at times psychedelic.`

The video for the single promises to be suitably rhythmic and shamanic.
            Abstraxion - Moribayasa is available on digital download and 12” through Different Recordings on 27/02/2012

Released by: Different Recordings
            Release/catalogue number: DIFU252
            Release date: Feb 27, 2012
            ISRC: GB-ENL-11-00568

05. Guy J - Fly (Hybrid Remix) [Bedrock Digital | BEDGJDIGI01]

Guy J - Shining / 1000 Words
            Featuring Sian, Hybrid & Kassey Voorn Remixes

1. Guy J - Shining 08:08
            2. Guy J - My Thought Of You (Sian's Telepathic Mix) 07:28
            3. Guy J & Miriam Vaga - Fly (Hybrid Soundsystem Remix) 09:25
            4. Guy J - Azimuth (Kassey Voorn Remix) 08:08

John Digweed’s Bedrock label kicks off 2012 with yet another superb release from one of the standout electronic artists in the world today. Guy J is at the forefront of a movement towards the melody-rich and emotionally charged roots of the house music spectrum. He’s a young, innovative producer, DJ and live act, whose infectious production talents resulted in his amazing 3CD artist album (1000 Words) being acclaimed as one of the musical highlights of 2011. Now, three of the album’s standout tracks have been remixed alongside a brand new track, to form the hottest package you could hope for to start the year in style.

“Shining” showcases the extraordinary talents of Guy J, from its beautifully subtle melodic intro, through a blossoming, journey-like arrangement with a highly emotive core, this is a masterful brand new track.

On “1000 Words” as the mood moves towards deep, throbbing intensity, with lights down low, “My Thought Of You” turns up the energy levels and gets a little twisted, as Guy J pushes emotion buttons, exploring the psyche of the dance, exploring possibilities, forging ahead into the future. Which is a perfect starting point for Octopus label boss and Bedrock artist, Sian, to begin his audio experimentation on remix duty.

When you have interests ranging from cosmology and marine biology, to the social impact of the rave generation, you tend to make unusual art and Sian stands out as a little more bohemian than the average electronic talent. Adhering more to the avant-garde side of club culture, his tracks develop an otherworldly, and hypnotic slant on techno. His reworking of “My Thought Of You” is yet another exceptional example of creative genius at work.

The gorgeous, heavenly vocals of Miriam Vaga feature on 3 tracks on “1000 Words” with “Fly” providing a stunning finale to CD1, an amazing collection of the more eclectic and experimental side of Guy J’s music. The original version can only be described as a listening experience that has been heaven sent, so there was only one possible choice to remix such beauty.

Since they first burst onto the scene with the now classic album “Wide Angle” in 1999, Hybrid have been known as one of the most forward thinking and technically skilled acts in electronic dance music. Before hotfooting it over to Hollywood to work on the soundtrack for the new Terminator movie, they have made time to work their magic on “Fly”, and remixes don’t come much bigger than this!

The heavenly atmospherics of Detroit techno bring “1000 Words” to a close with the moody magnificence of “Azimuth”, which has been boldly taken into a new dimension by Bedrock remix competition winner, Kassey Voorn, from Athens, Greece.

Label: Bedrock Digital
            Cat Nr: BEDGJDIGI01
Release: 16/01/12

06. Coherent - Archetypal [Particles | PSI1205]
            07. Coherent - Archetypal (Tvardovsky Remix) [Particles | PSI1205]

Originally taken from the Late Thoughts EP, 'Archetypal' is a dark, melodic progressive track written and produced by Coherent, the three-way Irish collaboration between Silinder [Stripped, Sudbeat] Cody [Omnis, Qaitel] and Gavin Mulhall.

The EP was originally released on Proton's Particles label in March 2011 and gets a February 2012 re-released with remixes from Stimpack and Tvardovsky (whose 'Brain Code' track was remixed by Santiago Garcia on Resident 035).

08. Simon Firth - Time Lapse (Guy Mantzur & Khen Remix) (The Beginning EP) [99percentrecordings | 99.001]

99% Recordings celebrates its launch in style with the stunning debut EP “The Beginning”. The on fire Simon Firth takes his production skills to the next level with Time Lapse – a classy deep melodic layered techno gem that’s packed with emotion and builds to an epic breakdown and a wicked subby bass to add to the epicness.

Israel’s Guy Mantzur & Khen starts remix proceedings with an empowering slab of peak time driving goodness, and the analogue vibe rises through to almost squelching moments. Holland’s Spark Taberner completes the package with a stunning throbbing techno remix, that’s packed full of funky grooves and crisp percussion elements that will destroy many a dance-floor.

The EP has already received glowing feedback from the global elite, including:
            Tiesto, Ferry Corsten, Axwell, Paul Oakenfold, Laurent Garnier, Richie Hawtin, Seth Troxler, Hernan Catteneo, Guy J, Nick Warren, Sasha, Dave Seaman, Dubfire, Cevin Fisher, Christian Varela, Seth Troxler, Markus Schulz, Slam, Andy Moor, Cid Inc, Martin Garcia, Marcelo Vasami, Deepfunk, Ian O’Donovan, Kasey Taylor, Darin Epsilon, Kassey Voorn, Max Cooper, Santiago Garcia, Luke Porter, Gai Garone, Josh Abrams and Chris Lake.

09. Oosfera - Otońo (Cosmic Dust EP) [Opendecks Records | ODR017]

Opendecks Records is a label from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Oosfera is Juan Matias Santullix from Neuquen, the largest city in the region of Patagonia, Argentina.

"More great music from Argentina, I love both of the original mixes." [Nick Warren]
            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• rich tobares
              Getting Somewhere
              • Sep 2011

MoonPARK
              La manija , no se mancha

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

^^^ ?????

Hey, I am actually getting to see Amirali and Damian Lazarus next week !!

Comment

• TheVrk
                  Gold Gabber
                  • May 2006

1st listen underway..thx Didi

Comment

• TheVrk
                    Gold Gabber
                    • May 2006

a subpar pt.1 imo...but
                    Originally posted by DIDI
                    Guy J & Miriam Vaga - Fly (Hybrid Soundsystem Remix)
                    absolutely DESTROYS

Comment

• TheVrk
                      Gold Gabber
                      • May 2006

pt. 2 on the other hand is borderline sheer perfection!
                      This is what we want!
                      That last track is almost like a calling to a pilgrammage to Buenos Aires and Hernan

Coherent - Archetypal
                      Coherent - Archetypal (Tvardovsky Remix)
                      Simon Firth - Time Lapse (Guy Mantzur & Khen remix)
                      Oosfera - Otońo

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

^^ You are worse than me

Comment

• TheVrk
                          Gold Gabber
                          • May 2006

^^ You are worse than me

Comment

• nelinho
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Sep 2011

good stuff didi & simon r

Comment

Working...