• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Fear the end is near...

Originally posted by Kamal
    That would be a paypal plugin, I can see what I need to add here. Heck I'm even motivated to bring on vB 5.0 now, I just fear the damn site will turn white because the templates are completely different and the existing one won't import.
    I wanted to suggest a software update too but thought it might be better to see if we survive

I remember you talked about upgrading before but I think we were reluctant because the existing aesthetics won't transfer to new software? Might inject new life into the board with a software update though.

Or even possibly moving to the more modern forum softwares we mentioned in this thread if we'll eventually face the downsizing issue again?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

Originally posted by thebanned1
      seriously though kamal if i could ask of anything i'd ask you to do something with the security here... it's bad as it stands
      It's as secure as the forum will allow it, what else you got in mind?
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• thebanned1
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • May 2009

Originally posted by Kamal
        It's as secure as the forum will allow it, what else you got in mind?

SSL ?

does that cost extra ?
        How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• unkle
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Mar 2007

Will be really sad if this place falls,
          one of the few quality site to get quality music.
          I have spent a lot of time here and I feel comfortable
          I dont know where I will go, I hope the best.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unkle
            Will be really sad if this place falls,
            one of the few quality site to get quality music.
            I have spent a lot of time here and I feel comfortable
            I dont know where I will go, I hope the best.
            I've met some people from here @ Diggers nights and they've all been lovely. I just subscribed to the site, I hope is here for a long time.

Comment

• clintlove
              Hey girl, ya Hungry?
              • Jun 2004

Sad to see this thread It seems one like this pops up every few years and I totally understand why, but still hate to see them. Kamal I can't even express my thanks for you footing the bill to keep this place running for what? nearly 20 years now?

Unfortunately, I'm not able to help too much financially, although I'm sure I can swing a few bucks each month. However, I'm always available and willing to create some graphics, banners, etc. to keep the place looking branded and fresh.

If we can keep this place alive, I would love it. I visit this site several times a day, it's my first stop for my morning browse Whatever I can do to help, please let me know.

As far as reducing the overall size of the forums/threads, lets at least get rid of the politics sections. Whew that place is full of some hateful talk we could surely do without.

If reducing the amount of forums would reduce costs, I say GYY with a few stickies, Music, and not much else is needed. IMO

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• GarryX
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Apr 2006

Just managing to get back to this thread properly.

is donating every month the best way to keep this place going then?

if so, whats the target needed?

If all the members of [ms] donate every month then it'll be the most well off message board in the world

great to see so many of us want it to live on

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Yeah are we healthy?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                  a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

I'll look into it, maybe this weekend I'll update the forum, make it white again like it used to be, then add some plugins for donation etc. and where we stand, looks like we have in place at least for the next 4 months so we should be good to go. I will investigate cheaper servers meanwhile and move there.
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• chuckc
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

I love the black, although it was initially a shock once we switched after the crash, It really is easier on the eyes....

As far as the donations go, if you sign up what is the duration? I know its a monthly donation but how long is that subscription per month last, one year?

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

Until you cancel it through your paypal, I can't control it at my end.
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• MusicJatt
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Aug 2004

Another 4 months, oh yeah baby !! Next goal to get to '18 huh ??

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by chuckc
                            I love the black, although it was initially a shock once we switched after the crash, It really is easier on the eyes....

As far as the donations go, if you sign up what is the duration? I know its a monthly donation but how long is that subscription per month last, one year?
                            When you sign up for a reoccurring payment on Paypal, they tell you how you can cancel, and it is immediate, that is one area where they are really good.

I like the black.
                            Originally posted by TheVrk
                            it IS incredible isn't it??
                            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• tsa
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jan 2008

Been reading the comments, and many responses seem to suggest ways to keep it alive. Obviously means it's still a special place, not only for sentimental reasons but because of the sets, sharing and listening. I'm happy to contribute $$ too. I think most people are.

This web site is a bit like air conditioning .. When you have it, you don't notice it, but when it's turned off you suffer! Even if MS as we know it dies, I welcome the next reiteration. And Kamal and Co., who started/supported this for many years, you guys deserve massive respect and kudos for your generosity and effort!

Comment

• barski
                                Addiction started
                                • May 2013

another suggestion:

https://www.freeforums.org/

Comment

Working...