Did Cattaneo's podcast subscription stop updating?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Did Cattaneo's podcast subscription stop updating?

Mine's at episode 461 and I don't see anything new when I refresh it.

iTunes is showing this error:
    iTunes can’t verify the identity of the server “podcast.hernancattaneo.com”.
    The certificate for this server is invalid.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • thebanned1
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • May 2009

Re: Did Cattaneo's podcast subscription stop updating?

I don't know... think it moved to another server, I have removed iTunes altogether if I'm honest as it was getting a bit messy, I actually had two Cattaneo podcasts at one point then suddenly I got the message you posted above and from then on it only downloaded one podcast instead of 2 copies
    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by thebanned1
      I don't know... think it moved to another server, I have removed iTunes altogether if I'm honest as it was getting a bit messy, I actually had two Cattaneo podcasts at one point then suddenly I got the message you posted above and from then on it only downloaded one podcast instead of 2 copies
      Mmmm yeah I don't use iTunes, I use Swinsian. Unfortunately Swinsian didn't notify me of any errors, it simply stopped updating the podcast.

It's iTunes who that showed it, at least I know what's wrong: Looks like something to do with security, SSL certificate is expired probably

I'll ask on Cattaneo's FB page and hope someone can respond or maybe I'll email them.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• thebanned1
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • May 2009

How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by feather
          Mine's at episode 461 and I don't see anything new when I refresh it.

iTunes is showing this error:
          I think iTunes is being slowly killed. My subscription to podcasts are not updating any more. iTunes isn't updating either for me. It is all going to be about Apple Music.

I am really looking for an alternative way to look after my music.

But there are many places to find Hernan's show every week !

Actually just checked on my iTunes and Resident is still listing but not downloading. You have to click the cloud thing

I always get it from Podbean anyway. I then put it up here, mediafire and Hearthis.at
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Mmmmm in this instance the fault isn't with iTiunes as the error msg indicated. Chris Liebing too has been having issues with his podcast feed since last year

Originally posted by DIDI

I always get it from Podbean anyway. I then put it up here, mediafire and Hearthis.at
            DD—How do you get it from Podbean? Do they have a different URL for Hernan's podcasts?

According to the Hernan podcast site at Resident by Hernan Cattaneo , it's powered by Podbean on the backend but the subscription URL is podcast.hernancattaneo.com/feed.xml so unfortunately it's the podcast.hernancattaneo.com domain's SSL that's causing the problem, much like how MS doesn't have its SSL certificate.

Comment

• Knightsfan87
              Gold Gabber
              • Apr 2010

I use Pocket Casts - highly recommend it. Anyway, it's up to date with the latest episode being 471.

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

You are talking above my pay grade Actually you want it to just download automatically every week. but iTunes doesn't seem to do that now, you have to refresh before you download. Which rather defeats the purpose. I don't need that because I have to put it anyway so I just download when I do all that.

This works perfectly for me Resident by Hernan Cattaneo

Btw I am going to have a look at Swinsian I really want more control of my music.
                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DIDI

Btw I am going to have a look at Swinsian I really want more control of my music.
                  Swinsian is great. It keeps the familiar iTunes interface without the bloat, is very fast, and handles large libraries.

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by feather
                    Swinsian is great. It keeps the familiar iTunes interface without the bloat, is very fast, and handles large libraries.
                    I took the plunge . Transferred over my whole iTunes library and surprise , surprise I no longer have pages of unknowns

Up to date ok. Haven't tried with my iPods yet. But they say classics are fine. One bad thing , my tracklists didn't come over.

None of my subscriptions came over . But I only have a few and I think I only had one that was keeping up to date, Eelke Kleijn.

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

Swinsian also has a nifty feature that I used to require a script on iTunes: If you go to Settings and click on Library, there's something called "Find And Remove Dead Tracks..." So it removes "orphan" files from your Library that no longer exists on the hard drive. And from the menu bar, clicking on Library gets you "Find Duplicates..." These are all features that I used to need Applescripts for in iTunes.

The developer is really nice and responsive too, I've emailed about issues in the past.

BTW finally updated to Catalina which has its own Podcasts app—Cattaneo is updating now. Really odd. Maybe the Podcasts app is less fussy about SSL or certificates.

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Yeah I found the dead tracks thing and and the duplicates. Itunes used to have that, but it was never usable because it only differentiated on name . This looks so much better. It will even pick the worst file for you . All my computers are too old to update to Catalina . I would lose the few apps I use. Plus it does just so much I really don't want to do

The problems you are having was definitely Apple pushing you . Itunes is effectively dead now. It's all about Apple Music , streaming etc.

Amazing story. I use Etrecheck on all my computers , it's wonderful . But his latest update just tells me my computers are too old But the version I have still works totally fine . and I use it a lot . He used to operate on a donation system and I donated a couple of times. Now he sells the app which is just fine if I could use. Anyway I contacted him and said what I have just said , and asked if there was any way I could donate . Got this back .

"Hello Di,
                        Thanks for the thought, but I am no longer accepting donations.

John Daniel
                        Etresoft, Inc."

He refused money. !!!

Comment

Working...