Trending

Collapse

(2022.09.02) Danny Howells Live @ The Warehouse, Rosario Santa Fe Province, Argentina

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knightsfan87
    Gold Gabber
    • Apr 2010

Re: (2022.09.02) Danny Howells Live @ The Warehouse, Rosario Santa Fe Province, Argen

Originally posted by progressive420
    The 320 mp3 i downloaded sounds great. Thanks alot Knightsfan87 8

This is a fantastic set from Danny. Really happy to have a recent set from him, wasmt sure I'd get anything new.
    He wrote in a recent Facebook post to Dave Seaman I think? That he's not touring as much anymore, not sure how much/little that means he'll be playing.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Nov 2013

Re: (2022.09.02) Danny Howells Live @ The Warehouse, Rosario Santa Fe Province, Argen

Originally posted by Knightsfan87
      He wrote in a recent Facebook post to Dave Seaman I think? That he's not touring as much anymore, not sure how much/little that means he'll be playing.
      He’s slowed down with gigs in the last few years, but if you look at most of the GU NuBreed DJs most of their profiles are a lot less than they were. To keep going in the industry takes a lot of work. I have no doubt that Danny capitalised on the period when his profile was a lot higher and that has given him the opportunity to do what he likes. I saw him at Crane in Birmingham in December, he said that he was trying out some new tracks, but he definitely delivered. His set was the highlight of the night.

Comment

• progressive420
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Yeah ive certainly noticed how a large amount of the DJs I listen to are starting to slow down on the touring and releases.
        Im not too worried, John Digweed still delivers on a regular basis as do alot of others.

Got a chance to see Danny live at least 3 times over the years too. Id say it is not that I cant get live sets from our old favs just maybe not as likely I will be able to catch them at a club near me. Alot of those places book people I dont know or care to see.

Ill be honest though, until I saw this set available to download, I didnt think I would be getting anymore live Danny Howells sets.
        So much back catalog of his music on my harddive to keep my busy but Im so happy to have something recent.
        "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• ddr
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

Have never seen Danny live. Sounds rather unlikely for the rest of my days. I have to live vicariously through Chris' 320 shares.
          "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Knightsfan87
            Gold Gabber
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by progressive420
            Yeah ive certainly noticed how a large amount of the DJs I listen to are starting to slow down on the touring and releases.
            Im not too worried, John Digweed still delivers on a regular basis as do alot of others.

Got a chance to see Danny live at least 3 times over the years too. Id say it is not that I cant get live sets from our old favs just maybe not as likely I will be able to catch them at a club near me. Alot of those places book people I dont know or care to see.

Ill be honest though, until I saw this set available to download, I didnt think I would be getting anymore live Danny Howells sets.
            So much back catalog of his music on my harddive to keep my busy but Im so happy to have something recent.
            A case of them getting on in age I suppose?

My top top loved DJ's are Digweed, Sasha, Howells, Hernan.. you know all the guys we consider masters. As good as the newer generation are, they just aren't those guys.

Comment

• psybangas
              Platinum Poster
              • May 2006

Ah yes, but the source file is aac (not mp3)
              Last edited by psybangas; May 23, 2023, 11:57:11 PM.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Feb 2009

A case of them getting on in age I suppose?

My top top loved DJ's are Digweed, Sasha, Howells, Hernan.. you know all the guys we consider masters. As good as the newer generation are, they just aren't those guys.
                I´d add Nick and 100% agree.. imo its a great time for new (and very talented) djs and music generally speaking but those names are irreplaceable for many reasons

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• Hoff
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Aug 2009

this is from original source SC ?

Comment

• psybangas
                    Platinum Poster
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by Hoff

this is from original source SC ?
                    Yes, it would appear so if the set was streamed using a Go+ subscription and recorded. See official SoundCloud site: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us...lity-streaming

HQ.jpg

However, technically speaking the "best" possible audio quality from the SoundCloud link is 256kbps aac (as shown) which is said to be "equivalent to an mp3 encoded in 320kbps".

best.jpg

Well in fact the file properties reports 257kbps to be precise. Here's a side-by-side comparison in spek. Image on the left is mp3 version, image on right is aac file.

Warehouse.jpg

Note: mp3 frequency range max is 22kHz while for aac it's 24kHz, so interpret accordingly.

Here is the file size comparison, 100MB difference.

File.jpg

FWIW, you could argue the mp3 version is very good indeed, but I'm more than happy listening to the true source file from Danny Howells himself.

P.s. Further reading on which is better here: https://audiomention.com/256-aac-vs-320-mp3/
                    and here: https://medium.com/@BSVogler/256-kbp...3-3da4af5ed528
                    Last edited by psybangas; May 24, 2023, 01:14:52 AM. Reason: Further clarified response, links added.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Feb 2009

Listening this for the second time.. honestly there are a few tracks that don't care about but it´s just impossible for me to skip a minute just because they are part of something bigger

Gorgeous mix

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• Knightsfan87
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Apr 2010

Wonder how much of this we are missing? I don't think it's the full set?

Comment

• Dhar_2
                          meat and potatoes
                          • Jun 2004

any sign of a tracklist on this?
                          Cant find anything on the interwebz!

Comment

• sbando
                            Going back to Romford
                            • Apr 2008

The Interwebz are not what they used to be.
                            ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                            ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                            ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                            ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• Dhar_2
                              meat and potatoes
                              • Jun 2004

nope, they are not my friend!

Comment

• Billyworth1983
                                Fresh Peossy
                                • Jun 2008

Please could someone share a download link again for this?

Comment

Working...