X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Random Thoughts

Not wanting to suffer is pretty normal. You want to die , but you don't want to kill yourself. You just don't want to exist anymore. Been there and am now grateful I couldn't do it . I'm shit at giving advice, all I can give is my own experience and hope it makes you think that there could be a better future. Some of the worst things and some of the best things in my life have happened over the last few years. But the best things were so worth it. And some of those best things I would never have believed could possibly happen, but they did. But I had to be open to them. For me music is the answer, As long as it isn't delivered by Danny Tenaglia
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• sbando
      Going back to Romford
      • Apr 2008

I'm damaged goods beyond repair. I now live away from home where I'm a stranger.
      ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
      ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• thebanned1
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • May 2009

Originally posted by sbando
        Or euthanasia for the mentally ill?
        Because mental illness is treatable, it's not like terminal cancer for example, you're not the only one on this board who has thought about doing away with themselves when they get low Lorenzo, I know things have been tough for a long time mate and tbh i know nothing about why or what it is that has made you this way but you just need to find the right people and treatments and things will get better for you but at the end of the day it's down to you to find those, if you for example sit on your arse on the internet all day then you're unlikely to get better, you need to find something that works for you man.
        How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• sbando
          Going back to Romford
          • Apr 2008

Things are more complicated than that, I work for the most part of the day and have a medical history this long. Sometimes the simplest answers are not the most correct. Go outside, take a walk, see your pals. They don't work.
          ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
          ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
          ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• thebanned1
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • May 2009

Things are more complicated than that, I work for the most part of the day and have a medical history this long. Sometimes the simplest answers are not the most correct. Go outside, take a walk, see your pals. They don't work.
            when you do the same things day in day out you get trapped in a depressive cycle, no offence lorenzo but i see you sitting online almost 90% of your day, it's not good for you, when you pair that with actual physical depression things can get out of hand, no one is suggesting you do the things you have suggested, in fact exercise has just been proven NOT to help depression like doctors have suggested it does and i know you're living away from family and friends so both of those are out but like i said you're not going to get better unless you look to get support and treatment for yourself, if you don't then you're just going to suffer, it's not easy and depression takes the will out of you but sitting here talking about it on a message board isn't exactly the way to go about this, you need help beyond that.

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Links please for the "exercise has just been proven NOT to help depression"
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• thebanned1
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • May 2009

You Cant Cure Depression By Working Out - Tonic

Comment

• sbando
                  Going back to Romford
                  • Apr 2008

I work online, I'm running a website, only updates takes hours.

When you tell a person who suffers from depression things like "go out more", "you spend too much time online", etc. you make that person feel lonelier and misunderstood. It's what your posts are causing today. You think a person with my history, a suicide attempt, countless different therapies, can feel better by going to the park and pet some dog? This is lack of respect, mine is a mental illness not a fucking state of mind.

Just a few years ago I had people working for me, I spent the days with my friends, I would fly to London just for shopping. But I was feeling the same, I felt bad with just a few pauses. A bipolar has ups and downs. You can treat bipolar disorder but that doesn't mean it works.
                  ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                  ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                  ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• thebanned1
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • May 2009

I work online, I'm running a website, only updates takes hours.

When you tell a person who suffers from depression things like "go out more", "you spend too much time online", etc. you make that person feel lonelier and misunderstood. It's what your posts are causing today. You think a person with my history, a suicide attempt, countless different therapies, can feel better by going to the park and pet some dog? This is lack of respect, mine is a mental illness not a fucking state of mind.

Just a few years ago I had people working for me, I spent the days with my friends, I would fly to London just for shopping. But I was feeling the same, I felt bad with just a few pauses. A bipolar has ups and downs. You can treat bipolar disorder but that doesn't mean it works.
                    it's certainly isn't a lack of respect, i,m not suggesting you go out more in that sense i'm suggesting a lifestyle change, lorenzo again i'll say this you're not the only person here with a history of depression/mental illness, there are a couple of people here who have been through exactly what you have been through and from my own personal experience pouring your heart out about it on a message board and doing nothing in rl about it just doesn't help anyone, certainly not you, the first bit of advise you get when you go for help should be keep away from social media ( which this forum is part of ), it creates a flashback situation, a feeling of dread

my best mate is also bipolar, i don't have answers for him either and yea your right some treatments don't work but he's changed his lifestyle around, had a kid and hasn't suffered an episode since 2012 and he's not taking any medicine, it was a simple lifestyle change that made him feel better. this is what i'm trying to portray to you.

Comment

• Hoff
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Aug 2009

love to you sband !!!!!!!!

:
                      :
                      :

juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by thebanned1
                        it's certainly isn't a lack of respect, i,m not suggesting you go out more in that sense i'm suggesting a lifestyle change, lorenzo again i'll say this you're not the only person here with a history of depression/mental illness, there are a couple of people here who have been through exactly what you have been through and from my own personal experience pouring your heart out about it on a message board and doing nothing in rl about it just doesn't help anyone, certainly not you, the first bit of advise you get when you go for help should be keep away from social media ( which this forum is part of ), it creates a flashback situation, a feeling of dread

my best mate is also bipolar, i don't have answers for him either and yea your right some treatments don't work but he's changed his lifestyle around, had a kid and hasn't suffered an episode since 2012 and he's not taking any medicine, it was a simple lifestyle change that made him feel better. this is what i'm trying to portray to you.
                        A bit tough, and you know I definitely mean no disrespect, on the contrary I really, really respect what you are doing with your life. But nobody has been through the same problems , they can be and usually are vastly different. It's wonderful that some have been able to get through it. But the one thing we do all know is that someone has to get to a certain stage where they can and that time will vary immensely from person to person. And even using these forums to vent may work for some . Although on this issue I would probably agree with you, it is putting yourself out there.

Possibly the worst thing is treatment of any sort is very hit and miss. Apparently antidepressants only work for 40% of people and they really don't know why. For me they were a disaster . Kept upping the dose and kept getting worse. It took me years to recover from them.

To sbando, I'm still crap at advice but for me exercise has always made things better, it's a matter of it not maybe curing depression but making other things just better. It's a whole of person thing rather than just treating symptoms. With multiple health issues, it really needs a professional, and that for exercise is an exercise physiologist who is trained to use exercise as a tool to work with different illnesses and diseases. Here in Australia they even work with cancer patients, our health system subsidises them. Exercise is officially recognised as a treatment for cancer. It's the one of the few areas in anything that we Aussies have done well lately

To all those dealing with mental illness I wish you well. I do know that feeling of isolation and it's awful.

Comment

• thebanned1
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by DIDI
                          A bit tough, and you know I definitely mean no disrespect, on the contrary I really, really respect what you are doing with your life. But nobody has been through the same problems , they can be and usually are vastly different. It's wonderful that some have been able to get through it. But the one thing we do all know is that someone has to get to a certain stage where they can and that time will vary immensely from person to person. And even using these forums to vent may work for some . Although on this issue I would probably agree with you, it is putting yourself out there.

Possibly the worst thing is treatment of any sort is very hit and miss. Apparently antidepressants only work for 40% of people and they really don't know why. For me they were a disaster . Kept upping the dose and kept getting worse. It took me years to recover from them.
                          now probably isn't the right time to reply to this, haven't slept

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Nov 2013

Comment

• thebanned1
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by DIDI
                              you're both right and wrong, i might have been harsh in what i said but it's the truth, i understand that Lorenzo has his own unique story and his medical condition is based on the bad things that have happened in the past, i get that but i've seen a lot worse and i've seen people come back from worse, sometimes you need a boot up the arse to get things going, that was my intention, i didn't mean to come across as a dickhead, sorry if you all got that impression

sorry, i have a good team of professionals behind me and trust me when i say this the last thing you want to be doing when you're sick is venting on social media it's the first piece of advise they'll give you, i learned the hard way, it's like a flashback written in stone, something you tend not to forget, when you look back in 6 months ( or whatever ) you cringe and it makes you feel depressed, not exactly the type of thing you want to happen if you're suffering from depression, that was solid advice.

treatments are getting better all the time, especially in treating depression and i stand by what i said about sitting at a computer all day staring at a screen, it;'s not healthy and certainly not good for a person suffering from depression.

Comment

• thebanned1
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • May 2009

Lorenzo sorry for upsetting you that wasn't my intention but out of most people on the board it's me who knows the most about your bipolar

i'm just trying to help you

Comment

Working...