• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hydrosonic
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2004

Re: John Digweed live in?

Originally posted by simonr
    No jungle, speed garage, gabber, psy-trance, handbag or happy hardcore on there I'm afraid.

320 requester

Comment

• Simeon
      Platinum Poster
      • Jan 2010

the best so far....CD1 is pure Digweed masterclass!
      From Balearic to Techno...

http://www.mixcloud.com/Simon_G/
      http://soundcloud.com/geosim

Comment

• foreks
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

I've listened to all 3CDs twice so far and to be perfectly frank don't know what to think now. Not as good as London though it surely must have been a hectic night in Toronto with all these immersive and spacious soundsystems and an overcrowded dancefloor. I might try and think a bit this years's live at EDC Las Vegas or Ibiza's Special Live from Pacha could be slightly more "releasable" on CDs rather than Toronto. Apart from a 10-yrs old Casa Bulga and the final Michael Mayer's remix hardly anything jaw-dropping or stupefying happens at all through a 3,5-hrs long mix. I'll give it another try with headphones.

Comment

• simonr
          Transitionator
          • Jun 2004

I think you need your ears testing Foreks !
          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Simeon
            Platinum Poster
            • Jan 2010

just love CD1...excellent structure and some top notch sequences...Casa Bulga>Kerb Staller

i can only imagine how excellent will sounded with tracks like BBE_Hypnose....
            From Balearic to Techno...

http://www.mixcloud.com/Simon_G/
            http://soundcloud.com/geosim

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Yeah, listened to CD1 on the way and back from work and was very satisfied. Looking forward to hearing the next couple of cd's.
              Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• Hoff
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by simonr
                I think you need your ears testing Foreks !

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  Anyone have Styx livesets?
                  • Jun 2004

Is it true that this is the last "Live in" ?????

waiting for the postman to bring the goods
                  ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• clintlove
                    Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                    • Jun 2004

^^^ I hope not, unless he's gonna start releasing live sets outside of his transitions show... I can dream right? Did you hear that somewhere?

Still waiting for my copy as well.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                      Anyone have Styx livesets?
                      • Jun 2004

^^ read it online from NON-credible source. but wanted to check with the people in the know.
                      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• trick12
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jul 2007

Is a money making machine for uncle john, so don't see why he would stop it really
                        Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

I would think that if this is the last Live In, Digweed and accompanying marketing material will highlight that to get more sales and they would want to go out properly.

I heard CD 1 and halfway into CD 2, not an instant winner for me. Liked the first half of CD 1 but when it picked up, those tracks didn't really work for me. About to get down to some work and will put on CD 1 again.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• foreks
                            Addiction started
                            • Jun 2004

CD2 seems the best music selection for me and then comes CD3 though I'm not the world's biggest fan of Digweed playing techno pretense. CD1 is another Transitions show. If I am to buy another Live in (?) it should be a complete 4-5hrs long mix from the very beginning till the final whistle. It's almost 2015 and I cannot believe 10-15Y ago such unearthly and full mixes as Centro-Fly, Beirut or Cavo Paradiso were for free.

Comment

• chuckc
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

again London was the only 4 cd continuous live in mix from the same gig and I dont think he will ever top that one. I was hoping for the full effect from start to finish. not the warmup just leading into peak and then boom its over.

Comment

• simonr
                                Transitionator
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by trick12
                                Is a money making machine for uncle john, so don't see why he would stop it really
                                Not sure its a big money maker tbh. Bedrock will no doubt pay a fair chunk to the artists and sell these for a bargain price too.

I think the series is more abut getting the music out there and presenting John's sound every 6 x months (bit like the Transitions series did) as well as keeping the label flourishing.

Have to say this is the best of the series so far. CD1 is presently on repeat .. superbly crafted.
                                sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

Working...