X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sakio pod
    SALAD TOSSER
    • Jun 2004

Organic vs GMO

64 countries around the world currently label GMO's but here in the USA does not

Have you ever looked at the ingredients on Doritos or Fritos all that junk food? Is not even real food most of the crap in the USA is that just crap!!!
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Organic vs GMO

Is it not a case of buyer beware? I always check the labels and I don't eat packaged junk food like Doritos. My only weakness is ice cream and doughnuts. Recently I've been using yogurt with fruits and honey to replace ice cream. And I've cut out doughnuts.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

ice cream is my nemesis , could start a thread on best Ben & Jerry's and Graeters!

French Pot Process

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Rave Lizard
        Banned
        • Feb 2015

I thought this thread was going to be about a boxing match.

Comment

• Hoff
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by sakio pod
          64 countries around the world currently label GMO's but here in the USA does not

Have you ever looked at the ingredients on Doritos or Fritos all that junk food? Is not even real food most of the crap in the USA is that just crap!!!

with my girl we care a lot about this, we raise a lot of our food, of course organic

she was in nyc miami last weeks and told me that organic food there isn´t really organic, and fruits etc are really fucked, totally tasteless

people are not aware that we are what we eat,

also is super complicated if you live in a place where everything or a lot is really fucked

Comment

• barski
            Addiction started
            • May 2013

Originally posted by feather
            Is it not a case of buyer beware?
            Yes, it is.
            But here in the Netherlands where I live it is not easy to fill the shopping cart with only healthy food and drinks.
            Aspartame, E621 and a lot of other bad stuff can be found in almost every product!
            If I was a real health freak I would end up with nothing in my cart.

by the way, what is GMO? Genetically Modified Orsomething?

Comment

• floridaorange
              • Dec 2005

with my girl we care a lot about this, we raise a lot of our food, of course organic

she was in nyc miami last weeks and told me that organic food there isn´t really organic, and fruits etc are really fucked, totally tasteless

also is super complicated if you live in a place where everything or a lot is really fucked

I don't doubt this at all. We have no idea what shitty shit we are eating here. And I am sure it is making us not only fat (think allergies) but absolutely SICK.

Comment

• sakio pod
                SALAD TOSSER
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by barski
                Yes, it is.
                But here in the Netherlands where I live it is not easy to fill the shopping cart with only healthy food and drinks.
                Aspartame, E621 and a lot of other bad stuff can be found in almost every product!
                If I was a real health freak I would end up with nothing in my cart.

by the way, what is GMO? Genetically Modified Orsomething?

yes it's genetically modified organism...with being in the Netherlands under the EU don't you have your products labeled?? My friend in Germany tells me yes everything is labeled!

I found it very easy to purchase healthy good quaility local products at the local town markets?? Do u live in a small town?

also seen a label in Europe on JELL-O that say this product causes hyperactivity and may have adverse effect on attention in children

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Unfortunately most of us, myself included, don't have any form of comparison since we were born and bred in this kinda environment. I might have the barest idea of what good produce is like since I grew up in the 70s but I was too young to know anything. My girlfriend grew up on a farm in Russa and she is very aware of how bad the produce in the US taste. She is on a raw diet as well which makes her even more sensitive to tastes and what she puts in her body.

I'm a meat eater but even shopping at Whole Foods, seeing chicken breasts packed up on display is a turn-off, there is something so clinical and unnatural about it.

Originally posted by floridaorange
                  I don't doubt this at all. We have no idea what shitty shit we are eating here. And I am sure it is making us not only fat (think allergies) but absolutely SICK.
                  These days whenever I hear of somebody passing away it's almost always due to cancer. I'm beginning to think it is a byproduct of our environment and food.

An extreme example, my friend's uncle lived in Shanghai for almost ten years. Out of the blue he finds out he is already at third stage cancer. He is a smoker and thought that was the cause, but the doctors explained in his case it was due to environment factors.

And on a sidenote, the doctors in Shanghai didn't even detect anything wrong, he only found out via another check up in Singapore.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Hoff
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Aug 2009

"absolutely SICK."

at many levels, is what involves for sure florida,

is super sad, It is really very worrying, there is a sinister project behind and most people are not aware of this

one of the biggest humans tumors like Monsanto managed to patent seeds !!!, you understand what that means ?'!!, ..... It is an important filthy disease,

I don´t know I can´t write more because This really concerns me and nowhere in the world we are free from this, because governments are mere employees of large corporations, and large corporations .. well they are totally sick, in some totally sick gollum ways

Comment

• barski
                      Addiction started
                      • May 2013

yes it's genetically modified organism...with being in the Netherlands under the EU don't you have your products labeled?? My friend in Germany tells me yes everything is labeled!

I found it very easy to purchase healthy good quaility local products at the local town markets?? Do u live in a small town?

also seen a label in Europe on JELL-O that say this product causes hyperactivity and may have adverse effect on attention in children
                      The products are indeed almost always labeled but unfortunately the manufacturers are not legally required to mention E-numbers on the labels. So, if (for example) E621 is not on the label, I'll have to check for: smaakversterker, mononatriumglutamaat, monosodiumglutamaat, Ve-Tsin, gehydroliseerde eiwitten, calcium caseinaat, gistextract, natuurlijke aroma's, natuurlijke smaakstoffen... The manufacturers are allowed to use so many different words for one and the same E-number, it makes shopping in the supermarket a very unpleasant and time-consuming activity.

I think there's a lot of dye in those JELL-O products, I would never buy it. Not surprised it's bad for children.

I do have markets in the town where I live, and I'm planning to go there more often to buy fresh food. Thanks for mentioning.

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Realising how lucky I am to live in Australia. It's easy to get good food.
                        Originally posted by TheVrk
                        it IS incredible isn't it??
                        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Garrick
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

I don't necessarily believe everything this lady says, but her blog is pretty interesting, nonetheless... and I do think she means well. She has forced the hand of some major food chains to change their ingredients from shite to less shite.

Food Babe - Hot On The Trail To Investigate What's Really In Your Food
                          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• sakio pod
                            SALAD TOSSER
                            • Jun 2004

^ foodbabe is amazing making big corps change their ingredients labels etc....she exposed that miller/coors is putting high fructose corn syrup in beer also. Anheuser-Busch they dont even use real
                            hops.... It's a derivative of the hop

its fake beer

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

^Anheuser-Busch they dont even use real
                              hops.... It's a derivative of the hop

its fake beer
                              They own so many beer brands, im sure some of them do use real hops. maybe not budweiser and michelob is what you meant. Anheuser-Busch is ginormous.

Comment

Working...