Re: France

How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
      understand radicalism? Understand the desire to be a part of something greater than myself? Understand what it's like to be a 20 yr old male living alone thousands of miles from friends and family? Understand the power of religion? Understand loneliness? I think to be human is to experience most of the same shit, but that doesn't ever equate to killing innocent people. If you are trying to say that and eye for an eye is what's at play, i disagree. If you are saying that because the u.s. Has killed innocent people in other countries, or the french have and therefore this is what happens as a result i also disagree. I don't believe the french or the u.s. Military intentionally kill innocent people.
      Wtf !
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by feather
        Anonymous declares war on Islamic State after Paris attacks in chilling video: - Mirror Online

Ii hope they can do this more effectively than bombing the shit out of them.
        Me too.

For me this is a just a tiny glimmer of hope, Daesh have used cyber space to recruit and spread their poison. Attacking them there could have far reaching and better outcomes than just bombing the shit out of countries where the innocent have nowhere to hide.
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

Good article (not in response to ^)

What ISIS Really Wants - The Atlantic

After mujahideen reported having seen American soldiers in battle, Islamic State Twitter accounts erupted in spasms of pleasure, like overenthusiastic hosts upon the arrival of the first guests at a party.

Virtually every major decision and law promulgated by the Islamic State adheres to what it calls, in its press and pronouncements, and on its billboards, license plates, stationery, and coins, “the Prophetic methodology,” which means following the prophecy and example of Muhammad, in punctilious detail. Muslims can reject the Islamic State; nearly all do. But pretending that it isn’t actually a religious, millenarian group, with theology that must be understood to be combatted, has already led the United States to underestimate it and back foolish schemes to counter it. We’ll need to get acquainted with the Islamic State’s intellectual genealogy if we are to react in a way that will not strengthen it, but instead help it self-immolate in its own excessive zeal.

Leaders of the Islamic State have taken emulation of Muhammad as strict duty, and have revived traditions that have been dormant for hundreds of years. “What’s striking about them is not just the literalism, but also the seriousness with which they read these texts,” Haykel said. “There is an assiduous, obsessive seriousness that Muslims don’t normally have.”
          II. Territory

Tens of thousands of foreign Muslims are thought to have immigrated to the Islamic State. Recruits hail from France, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Australia, Indonesia, the United States, and many other places. Many have come to fight, and many intend to die.
          Peter R. Neumann, a professor at King’s College London, told me that online voices have been essential to spreading propaganda and ensuring that newcomers know what to believe. Online recruitment has also widened the demographics of the jihadist community, by allowing conservative Muslim women—physically isolated in their homes—to reach out to recruiters, radicalize, and arrange passage to Syria. Through its appeals to both genders, the Islamic State hopes to build a complete society.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
              • Dec 2005

wow, powerful, thank you for sharing that... I may or may not have gotten teary eyed, though I think it's just allergies

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

So did I even as the cynic in me wanted to scoff.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Feb 2009

did not read the whole thread but for me it is always the same... These things will happen again and again... expecting "living life in peace" like Lennon might say, won't happen anytime soon.

Unmeasurable business, power, political stuff and religious madness at its worst and all of them are rich and powerful ... what would anyone expect?

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by feather
                    So did I even as the cynic in me wanted to scoff.
                    My cynic won I'm afraid. I would have been trying to get my child as far away as possible. I'm not sure I would want to teach him that flowers protect from guns.

Every morning I wake up and man's inhumanity to man just gets worse. Now our PM, with America is going to increase the bombing in Syria, apparently several states in America are reneging on their deal to take Syrian refugees. And we have members of Parliment here crying out to cut all refugees from the middle east .!! These people are suffering every day of their lives things too awful for us to imagine and we are going punish them even more . These tragedies should bring people together instead we see just how awful humanity is.

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

And Putin wants revenge for a Russian plane that went down in Egypt. End times.

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

For everyone on here who has no idea wth is really going on in Syria, like truly fucked up Geopolitics and why so many foreign / Western nations find themselves at odds going in, here is an EYE OPENER of a message I received as a forward. Wake up.

For all those confused about Syrian politics :

Geo Politics Defined... Luv it!!!

SIMPLE EXPLANATIONS ARE ALWAYS EASY TO UNDERSTAND - SYRIAN ISSUE MADE SIMPLE

A highly restricted briefing paper on Syria :

President Assad (who is bad) is a nasty guy who got so nasty his people rebelled and the Rebels (who are good) started winning (Hurrah!).

But then some of the rebels turned a bit nasty and are now called Islamic State (who are definitely bad!) and some continued to support democracy (who are still good.)

So the Americans (with good intentions) started bombing Islamic State (who are bad) and giving arms to the Syrian Rebels (who are good) so they could fight Assad (who is still bad) which was good.

By the way, there is a breakaway state in the north run by the Kurds who want to fight IS (which is a good thing ) but the Turkish authorities think they are bad, so we have to say they are bad whilst secretly thinking they're good and giving them guns to fight IS (which is good) but that is another matter.

Getting back to Syria.

So President Putin (who is bad, 'cos he invaded Crimea and the Ukraine and killed lots of folks (including that nice Russian man in London with polonium poisoned sushi) has decided to back Assad (who is still bad) by attacking IS (who are also bad) which is sort of a good thing?

But Putin (still bad) thinks the Syrian Rebels (who are good) are also bad, and so he bombs them too, much to the annoyance of the Americans (who are good) who are busy backing and arming the rebels (who are also good).

Now Iran (who used to be bad, but now they have agreed not to build any nuclear weapons and bomb Israel are now good ) are going to provide ground troops to support Assad (still bad) as are the Russians (bad) who now have ground troops and aircraft in Syria.

So a Coalition of Assad (still bad) Putin (extra bad) and the Iranians (good, but in a bad sort of way) are going to attack IS (who are bad) which is a good thing, but also the Syrian Rebels (who are good) which is bad.

Now the British (obviously good, except that nice Mr Corbyn in the corduroy jacket, who is probably bad and the Americans (also good) cannot attack Assad (still bad) for fear of upsetting Putin (bad) and Iran (good / bad) and now they have to accept that Assad might not be that bad after all compared to IS (who are super bad).

So Assad (bad) is now probably good, being better than IS (but lets face it, drinking your own wee is better than IS so no real choice there) and since Putin and Iran are also fighting IS that may now make them Good. America (still Good) will find it hard to arm a group of rebels being attacked by the Russians for fear of upsetting Mr Putin (now good) and that nice man Ayatollah in Iran (also Good) and so they may be forced to say that the Rebels are now Bad, or at the very least abandon them to their fate. This will lead most of them to flee to Turkey and on to Europe or join IS (still the only constantly bad group).

To Sunni Muslims, an attack by Shia Muslims (Assad and Iran) backed by Russians will be seen as something of a Holy War, and the ranks of IS will now be seen by the Sunnis as the only Jihadis fighting in the Holy War and hence many Muslims will now see IS as Good (Doh!.)

Sunni Muslims will also see the lack of action by Britain and America in support of their Sunni rebel brothers as something of a betrayal (mmm...might have a point...) and hence we will be seen as Bad.

So now we have America (now bad) and Britain (also bad) providing limited support to Sunni Rebels (bad) many of whom are looking to IS (Good/bad) for support against Assad (now good) who, along with Iran (also Good) and Putin (also, now, unbelievably, Good) are attempting to retake the country Assad used to run before all this started?

I hope that clears things up for you. Not everyone is just trying to corner the oil....
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                        Originally posted by ace_dl
                        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

That really puts most of what I have read all in one place and in a way that most would understand . Good one

Comment

• unkle
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • Mar 2007

Don't worry, They have love for everyone.

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DIDI
                              . These tragedies should bring people together instead we see just how awful humanity is.
                              "Tragedies?"

I see this bringing many different 1st world countries together, I'm sorry you don't... also sorry you were taken off ignore .

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

^^^Have you got someone writing your lines ??

Re the ignore , why do you bother one way or the other

Comment

Working...