X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: DJs you dont get

Beause he likes their sounds? If you drink wine, you would have old favourites you keep coming back to, while trying out new ones won't you?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Haziel
      Likes a finger upthere
      • Jan 2007

You used an analogy that doesn't apply here Feather.

We clearly differ on what Edm is, if you want to evolve your sound reinvent yourself ( which is what EDM is all about to me ) , you should be looking at different directions , it really scares the shit out of me to even think that digweed will continue to play the same producers he is currently using now to 5 years in the future.

As a dj insisting on the same producers and style of music means that either you just want to keep it nice and safe or you just have ran out of ideas.

Every single artist in History has had their time no matter how good they were, do you think all those producers are going to sound good forever ?

Which is one of the reasons I stopped listening to him since 2008 , it disappointed me to see in his charts , Wow and Guy j and Charlie may over and over again.

Comment

• Localizer
        Platinum Poster
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by clintlove
        Wow it's amazing sometimes how different we can all be about the same music. To me Guy J is a breath of fresh air. All I hear in this thread is about how alot of people hate minimal and stale house, but Guy J is producing some of the best music right now. Digweed said it best, Guy is producing good melodic music that doesn't sound like trance. To me it's the beginning of something new. The new something we've all been complaining about not hearing. I truly hope he stays on track.

Now, I agree with Gaz, Steve Porter has gone stale since 2004. I used to be a huge fan up until he released Homegrown. I still can't understand how the same guy who made Nordica could produce and dj the shit he does today. The only thing I've found interesting of his since 04 is his Pepperoni and Bullets promo. And even still most of that set was rubbish.
        I thought Guy J would be fresh air as well. I mean, I liked agent blue, but I don't like his other tracks. I think he's a solid producer in that he always hits you up with a crisp, clear sound, but I don't at all dig his style.

Originally posted by feather

What kinda music do you listen to?
        Anything that can keep my attention and not annoy me . I mean, Gui Boratto's remix of Take My Breath Away I think is awesome and probably one of my favorite tracks at the moment. I'm not so worried about dark as I am about having a good solid groove with great elements, and I just don't hear that with Guy J.
        Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
        -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Kat
          A pretty fn good milkshake
          • Mar 2006

one word: minimal
          ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• MusicJatt
            Platinum Poster
            • Aug 2004

Mark Farina , talent wise he's among the untouchables but he doesnt let it rip ... sometimes yea, his stuff is good so u don't lose interest but i got to feed my music junkie cravings

Comment

• clintlove
              Hey girl, ya Hungry?
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Haziel
              I think its a great thing the polarization ... to love it or hate it , it makes people talk about music , it makes people sort of even ask themselves why? why do I like this and why do I not like this .
              Never said it was a bad thing.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Haziel
                Likes a finger upthere
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by clintlove
                Never said it was a bad thing.
                I never said you did

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

You used an analogy that doesn't apply here Feather.

We clearly differ on what Edm is, if you want to evolve your sound reinvent yourself ( which is what EDM is all about to me ) , you should be looking at different directions , it really scares the shit out of me to even think that digweed will continue to play the same producers he is currently using now to 5 years in the future.

As a dj insisting on the same producers and style of music means that either you just want to keep it nice and safe or you just have ran out of ideas.
                  Not entirely true ... you're of the other extreme. Are you pushing the sound for the sake of pushing it? DJs like Digweed push the sound while maintaining their taste in music. Have you caught him live?

Every single artist in History has had their time no matter how good they were, do you think all those producers are going to sound good forever ?

Which is one of the reasons I stopped listening to him since 2008 , it disappointed me to see in his charts , Wow and Guy j and Charlie may over and over again.
                  How long have you been listening to Digweed?

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• kervokian
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Nov 2006

I don't get Djs like Richie Hawtin and all the other artists from the M_nus "gang". They are all too boring.
                    tsvba's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• clintlove
                      Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                      • Jun 2004

I never said you did
                      I never said you said, that I said, that you said, that I said I did.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• dusk
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

There is quite a list of dj's that I don't get.. but I"ll keep it short -
                        16Bit Lolitas
                        Add2basket
                        Luke Fair
                        Desyn Masiello
                        Steve Porter
                        M.A.N.D.Y
                        James Holden (I used to love his stuff)
                        Danny T (and I love Tribal)
                        ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

I don't listen to 16bit lolitas much but recently heard them on Frisky Podcast and that caught me by surprise, check it out.

Just realised maybe I wasn't suppose to link Frisky stuff, I can't keep up with the bullshit.

Anyway it's the Frisky podcast, I found the link with Google, easy enough

Comment

• dusk
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

Thanks feather... I'll give it a go.
                            ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

Lots mentioned here that I either don't get or don't like.

But the thing I don't get is the Djs that feel they have to play the newest and latest at all cost. And preferably something that no one else has ever played. I love hearing new music but sometimes that classic is the perfect one for the particular spot in a set. EDM stands for Electronic Dance Music, that simple. !! Most of the Djs I really love know how to incorporate old and new to get the absolute best EDM

Btw I used to love James Holden well
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• GAVIN.MCAVOY
                                Addiction started
                                • Nov 2008

WEDDING DJ'S,they play music old people try and dance to,even if they knew wot it was when they were young

Comment

Working...