Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: DJs you dont get

^^ Nut bush city limits
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• serghe
      Fresh Peossy
      • May 2009

Richie Hawtin

Comment

• buckman
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MusicJatt
        Mark Farina , talent wise he's among the untouchables but he doesnt let it rip ... sometimes yea, his stuff is good so u don't lose interest but i got to feed my music junkie cravings

Totally agree with this statement..When he plays he's usually hit or miss.He Just played here in Boston.I felt like he was trying to much.I mean cmon he sampled that "Voices" Track 4 times in a 2hr set.
        " Darkness Imprisioning Me
        All That I See
        Absolute Horror
        I Cannot Live
        I Cannot Die
        Trapped In Myself
        Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• Haziel
          Likes a finger upthere
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by clintlove
          I never said you said, that I said, that you said, that I said I did.

Comment

• Haziel
            Likes a finger upthere
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by feather
            Not entirely true ... you're of the other extreme. Are you pushing the sound for the sake of pushing it? DJs like Digweed push the sound while maintaining their taste in music. Have you caught him live?

How long have you been listening to Digweed?
            Ofcourse I'm not pushing the sound mate, Djing is my hobbie and I play what I like . He hasn't push the sound since 2006 in my opinion. Ive seen him tons of times , this is a fan that got disappointed and tuned out about a year ago that is writing . I started on diggers on 2002.

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

I wasn't referring to you push the sound per se, but are you suggesting DJs should push the sound for the sake of pushing it?

Do you think Digweed's been playing the same sound and artistes since 2002?

For someone who's been listening to Digweed since 2002, you make some pretty superficial and farcical comments on his sound and the musical directions he's taken.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Haziel
                Likes a finger upthere
                • Jan 2007

Read well what i said, I mentioned take a left turn .

Why mention 2002 he was fine then?

Dude I'm not goign to make a Thesis on this. You're free to find my opinion as deep or superficial as you like.

I find it funny how his "loyal" fans get butthurt when once in a million he does try something different, so the guy just rather play it safe in order to keep his fans in place.

Which is fine , but he sure lost one here .

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Err I mentioned 'since 2002' because you've been listening to him for 7 years, and you seem to be saying he's not pushing the sound and is playing the same old artistes?

So I'm wondering what you've been hearing for 7 years, or did you mean he was doing fine from 2002-2008 which is when you stopped listening because he's been playing Guy J since 2008? But 2006 was your example of when he first dropped Guy J.

You're making a big call here saying Digweed has been playing the same artistes and from what I understand, hasn't been innovating; and I'd like to understand besides him playing a lot of Guy J, if there are other reasons for the sentiment.

Those repeat artistes I mentioned, he played them over the period of his career, not within a 1 or 2yr period.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kat
                    A pretty fn good milkshake
                    • Mar 2006

whoever you are get over it!
                    well if it makes you feel bettter i dont get maximal either
                    ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

haha, that's pretty funny
                      motherlover

Comment

• feather
                        Shanghai ooompa loompa
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Katkich

well if it makes you feel bettter i dont get maximal either

Comment

• |Thrax|
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Mar 2007

I dislike maximal, boring plodding prog, 8th notes, unicorns, huge buildups, and fucking lasers.
                          This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
                          Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• Miroslav
                            WHOA I can change this!1!
                            • Apr 2006

If I hear another 130 bpm bongo tribal prog track with some sample of a Middle Eastern woman wailing during the breakdown, I'm going to fucking scream.
                            mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
                              If I hear another 130 bpm bongo tribal prog track with some sample of a Middle Eastern woman wailing during the breakdown, I'm going to fucking scream.
                              Remember to sample that for the next dark prog track with a male wailing during the breakdown

Comment

• srbbnd
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jul 2005

John Digweed...don't like it. Don't like it one bit.
                                www.bestfilmsofthe20thcentury.com/

www.forwardthinkingproduction.com/

Comment

Working...