X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D.Williams
    Platinum Poster
    • Aug 2006

Re: Hernan Cattaneo - Balance 026

Too bad there is no Digital release today . Id buy that so i can listen now while i wait for my cds... Want it sooooooo badly

Comment

• D.Williams
      Platinum Poster
      • Aug 2006

Is the CD out now DIDI?

Comment

• psybangas
        Platinum Poster
        • May 2006

Okay... gunna weigh in on this having listened to the album now (compliments Soulseek). Hey max420 bought us a copy, so no petty squab lings about buying mix CD's. It's decent, probably one of the better Balance releases. Surely more enjoyable than Danny Tenaglia's previous Balance compilation... But, it's no Martin Garcia Cabin Pressure/ Delta Club/ Metro Dance Journey whatever you want to call it. DIDI I'm not disrespecting your main man, in fact it pleasantly surprised me how "listenable" the whole compilation was. Refreshing to say the least, but not a team shifter for me. I will forever follow Martin Garcia more! So Balance, what's next? Perhaps the 27th iteration can be by Martin Garcia, and then we truly can have the side-by-side evaluation of who's the greatest? Thoughts? Or is the perception my post is merely trolling for a reaction from the Hernan faithful? DIDI? max420 don't sit on the sidelines on this one. I know it's what you wanted to say, but were too afraid/ lethargic to bother posting. Hilarious comments to follow no doubt. Prove me wrong.

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

I totally accept your evaluation, I definitely don't think you are trolling, but that is your evaluation. We can't all love the same things. I think Martin Garcia is brilliant technically but for me he lacks emotion. I listen to him but never feel the urge to keep playing. Although I usually keep playing for a while because I know some mixes need to be listened to a few times. But his still sound the same after multiple listens. More after the tour , which has been fucking amazing up to date.
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by D.Williams
            Is the CD out now DIDI?
            The CD is well and truly out, and if you ordered direct from Balance you should have it by now, Balance sent out the internationals at the same time as the Australian . simonr has had his for days.
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• D.Williams
              Platinum Poster
              • Aug 2006

I preordered mine from Amazon so i gotta wait still... I know i should have went with Balance directly

Comment

• D.Williams
                Platinum Poster
                • Aug 2006

So, i was going to wait until i got my CD in the mail, but i just couldnt wait any longer. So i downloaded balance and let me just say that holly hell CD2 is just the best mix i have heard in a long long long time... The lush sounds by all the artist on disc two just completes me. I just cant get over how freakin good it is... CD 1 again does nothing for me its just not hernan to me, and it does not have that emotion that you speak of DIDI, maybe thats just me but thats how i feel... CD2 is not going to stop playing anytime soon

Comment

• chuckc
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

^^^insane. i felt totally 180 degree opposite of you. LOVE CD1!! CD2 did Nothing for me.

Comment

• D.Williams
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Aug 2006

^^^ I guess i just want something i can dance to

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by D.Williams
                      So, i was going to wait until i got my CD in the mail, but i just couldnt wait any longer. So i downloaded balance and let me just say that holly hell CD2 is just the best mix i have heard in a long long long time... The lush sounds by all the artist on disc two just completes me. I just cant get over how freakin good it is... CD 1 again does nothing for me its just not hernan to me, and it does not have that emotion that you speak of DIDI, maybe thats just me but thats how i feel... CD2 is not going to stop playing anytime soon
                      Play CD 1 again . The first time I played it , it sounded quite harsh, I think I was comparing it to his last CD . Anyway I have played it many times now and I love it. Even Hernan says sometimes you have to listen more often to get to know his music. Solitude, Sponges and the remix of Guy J's Dizzy moments are particular favourites.

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by chuckc
                        ^^^insane. i felt totally 180 degree opposite of you. LOVE CD1!! CD2 did Nothing for me.
                        Same advice to you Play it again !!

It is really interesting seeing the different opinions. We do all have different tastes.

Comment

• Hoff
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by psybangas

... But, it's no Martin Garcia Cabin Pressure/ Delta Club/ Metro Dance Journey whatever you want to call it.

ofcourse not, ........ they are different people !!!!!!

super tired of seeing people comparing people, typical of the weak human being

happily waiting the new masterpiece from the Southamerican Dance Ambassador

Comment

• psybangas
                            Platinum Poster
                            • May 2006

10486414_10152352523460770_4001329460502127510_n.jpg

Proof I wasn't joshing. Thanks max420. DIDI has a valid point, each listen of Hernan's compilation does seems to grow on me, more and more. Not sure about the Photoshop ed Boca jersey image I saw on Facecrack recently. That will no doubt razz Argentina soccer fans/ and music lovers to no end... I digress. Really well presented albums Balance here. However personally my all time faves are Phil K (004), James Holden (005), and Anthony Pappa (006). I guess music at a time in my life when it defined who I was and what I wanted from the scene. Not too different to what's on offer here, today. If it's any consilation, Anthony Pappa's Chinese Laundry set from June this year goes to show that you can adopt a style like tech house, but for me driving the sublime is the progressive vibes and Pappa gets my 3 points for best on ground for that set, hands down. Sheesh, digressing again... Great music to be shared with great wine. Cheers! Man I should get some sleep! One last night shift then it's off to Thailand to see my wife and so I may not be able to bring you all the DeltaFM shows over the next fortnight. Until then I'll just relish the Balance compilations on noise cancelling headphones in the sky flying a Dreamliner 787. Laterz.

Comment

• D.Williams
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Aug 2006

CD 2 is just all i have been playing sense Sunday, when i do finally change it up i know ill still come back to it... Say what ya want anyone but talk about standing the test of time with Hernan mix CDs... I go back to masters series all the time. I know i will with this one as well. Every track woven in perfection.

This part right here, like hoff would say
                              megaHuge flying thing

07. Cid Inc - Fragile Circle
                              08. Khen - Sweet Break Up
                              09. We Need Cracks - Joran
                              10. Guy J - Esperanza (Santi Mossman Rework)
                              11. James Teej ft. Richie Hennessey - Disclosure (Simon Vuarambon Remix)
                              12. Guy Mantzur & Sahar z - Patterns (Guy Mantzur's 2014 Remix

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

I'm putting this here as well as Gyy Cos we deserve it

This is going to sound weird. Some cds do just sound exactly the same every time I play them . But the cds /mixes etc that sound different to me every time I play them are the ones I love forever. They seem to respond to me personally at any given time. It is like a gift from Hernan . These cds in particular are very much like that.

Hernan always says listen several times before you judge his work and I understand that, he can be so much more complex. But he can’t help that, it’s him and a lot of the reason we love his work !!

CD 1
                                The first time I played it overwhelmed me a little. It was so different to Renaissance 17 and Renaissance 17 is very important to me . So maybe I wasn't quite ready for this one. But I have now listened to both Cds many ,many times and every time I find something new and wonderful , another track stands out to me and I know I will also listen to this for many years to come as well. A lot of the tracks will become favourites but the ones that leap out every time on CD 1 are Solitude, Blue shadow, Happy to be sad , Out of the game Sponges , Lunar and of course Dizzy moments. In fact there is only one that doesn’t really appeal and that is Yews -believe, belong

CD 2
                                Possibly my favourite at the moment. Although that could change ! I love every track . Changes , Underwater , Parallax, Disclosure , Imaginarium and Lotus are the most wonderful for me right now. !

I seem to remember saying at some stage that I thought Renaissance 17 was more from Hernan’s feminine side. This one has a much more masculine , and dare I say sexy , power and emotion !! !!

As always, beautifully mixed and programmed ! Great, great, progressive music in every sense of the word. !

Comment

Working...