If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
did u see me bring starvation to the nasa thread?! did u see me say anything but my opinion about meaningful science however you want to define that? and most of all did you see me start a thread about it on an EDM website titled olympics vs starvation?
If there's a point to be made, do it through actions, why drag it into an online EDM forum in a place it doesn't belong. I don't say that crudely, but realistically.
Sounds pretty crude to me, you really donīt know what that person is actually doing about it, with actions.. And the fact he is pointing that out into this EDM forum, imo is a small way to do something..
That being said, think i can understand what Florida is trying to say.. defo starvation is not the best pick, but NASA and space exploration is.. That would be fair to discuss
I'm not playing, I'm serious. This forum has endless silly, inappropriate threads, posts etc , reflects human life really. But the other thread was NEVER about any VS . This thread we are in now has the potential to be a serious discussion on a pretty worthy subject.[ if we take out the VS ] Especially as we have people who certainly know a lot more than I do, I am not assuming anything about anyone else's personal experience, about the subject matter. So why don't we let it.
Re the olympics, I'm a bit ambivalent , I find the money spent pretty shocking, and I'm guessing the homeless got moved on in london the way they did here. But I have found myself checking the medal tally and feeling just a tad proud when we win something. I do think they can be inspirational and we do need that. It can push us to do better in all areas. I'm enough of an idealist to hope AchtungBaby! isn't right with the "we don't give a fuck" and unfortunately enough of a realist to know he just might be.
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
Sounds pretty crude to me, you really donīt know what that person is actually doing about it, with actions.. And the fact he is pointing that out into this EDM forum, imo is a small way to do something..
That being said, think i can understand what Florida is trying to say.. defo starvation is not the best pick, but NASA and space exploration is.. That would be fair to discuss
To each his own. You are entitled to have a sense of comparative justification in what you feel is worthy of being spent on and what not. But, the way I see it, if a person IS actually doing something of worth, this would entail a massive degree of selflessness in character. And selfless people don't impose what they do on others through ridiculous discussions.
If in FACT something meaningful is being done and people truly believe in the cause to eradicate hunger, then why not share it and motivate people so more can be done. Start a thread SPECIFICALLY for the cause to initiate a movement for the greater good. Don't drop remarks in unrelated threads without any fact to back it up, but merely to "hint" at what you're supposedly claiming that you do. That is sheer nonsense.
Originally posted by DIDI
I'm not playing, I'm serious. This forum has endless silly, inappropriate threads, posts etc , reflects human life really. But the other thread was NEVER about any VS . This thread we are in now has the potential to be a serious discussion on a pretty worthy subject.[ if we take out the VS ] Especially as we have people who certainly know a lot more than I do, I am not assuming anything about anyone else's personal experience, about the subject matter. So why don't we let it.
Re the olympics, I'm a bit ambivalent , I find the money spent pretty shocking, and I'm guessing the homeless got moved on in london the way they did here. But I have found myself checking the medal tally and feeling just a tad proud when we win something. I do think they can be inspirational and we do need that. It can push us to do better in all areas. I'm enough of an idealist to hope AchtungBaby! isn't right with the "we don't give a fuck" and unfortunately enough of a realist to know he just might be.
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
they wouldn't be starving if they would move to where the food is.
many try and fail because they are poorly educated and also have ties to the lands where they live i.e. family.
a bit or a radical way of looking at things here ( not meant to be offensive ) but if half of them were sensible enough to stop bringing new children into the world then the problem wouldn't be quite as bad, i certainly wouldn't want any or my children ( all none of them ) to be brought into a world where there wasn't even a sustainable food supply to keep them alive.
It's a basic human instinct to reproduce, even if it does make no sense at all. The instinct is probably stronger when life is threatened. And lets face it, if you look at bringing up kids the amount of joy we get out of it just doesn't really make sense if you look at it objectively.
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
It's a basic human instinct to reproduce, even if it does make no sense at all. The instinct is probably stronger when life is threatened. And lets face it, if you look at bringing up kids the amount of joy we get out of it just doesn't really make sense if you look at it objectively.
i didn't say that di although it may have looked like it... i agree is a basic human instinct to reproduce but many people are fathering 3 and 4 to different people in some places around the world probably because all they can think of doing to entertain themselves is shag like rabbits.... its a really big problem
I should have put a smile at the end of that question.
But seriously celibacy is their only choice because the people we are talking about have very little access to contraception and the catholic church is trying very hard to keep it that way.
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
I should have put a smile at the end of that question.
But seriously celibacy is their only choice because the people we are talking about have very little access to contraception and the catholic church is trying very hard to keep it that way.
of course they are... funerals and also christenings and anything else that needs a church brings people ( and potentially money ) to their doorstep, the catholic church is the most corrupt thing we will ever see in our lives
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment