Would like to see Kosmas Epsilon, just does not seem to tour the US much.
DJ's youve never seen but must to make your life complete
Collapse
X
-
Re: DJ's youve never seen but must to make your life complete
Would like to see Kosmas Epsilon, just does not seem to tour the US much.Originally posted by ShpiraSo came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by IlluminateLet me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
Am I close here? -
Re: DJ's youve never seen but must to make your life complete
I've been lucky enough to have seen almost every DJ mentioned here, and two live Rabbit shows along with them just spinning once. I wouldn't go see Tiefschwarz, just cause I'm not into that style of music. I guess I'm very fortunate, BUT not as fortunate as one of my friends who has seen more than his fair share of S&D gigs. Sean was also very fortunate to have gone to Twilo religiously.Comment
-
Re: DJ's youve never seen but must to make your life complete
LTJ Buken
Burrrrridge
Howells
and uh....
hmmm
Chris Fortier (missed him in Indy due to bad weather. balls!)
and
JVM (was going to fly to C-bus to see him but the gf had other plans...like opera)
Coupla years ago, there were a number of DJ's who had a great sound that recently have changed to the point that I wouldn't really be interested in seeing them.
anyways, great question.you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky
it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles
Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....
----PEACE-----Comment
-
Re: DJ's youve never seen but must to make your life complete
^^ saw JVM here in C-bus; was pretty good, but not great.
Gaiser
Pig & Dan
Stephan Bodzin
Oliver Lieb
Adam Beyer
Lee Curtiss, Seth Troxler, and Ryan Crosson b2bmixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslavComment
-
Re: DJ's youve never seen but must to make your life complete
So has any of you caught the DJs you listed in here, and how was it?
I will add
Deep Mariano
Facundor Mohrr
Sean Cusick
RITM
Fluke (dunno if they perform)
Terry Lee Brown Jr.
Pig & Dan (will have to be a live p.a., nothing else)
OlliS
Audiofly
Robert Babicz
Rich Wood
Martin Garcia
too many man. More recently discovered people like Simon Baker, Oliver Lieb (his maschine stuff), Naka G ... always been into the deep stuff but the more recent deep minimal tech stuff from these people are really rocking. The only option now that deep prog isn't cool anymore.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: DJ's youve never seen but must to make your life complete
Oliver Lieb is a tough one to see
same with Martin Garcia
LTJ Bukem is pretty amazing with the live MC's
not sure if he still spins on 3 turntables
but he could cut breaks on a dime.
After hearing the Dousk set
would like to see him and Umek.Originally posted by ShpiraSo came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by IlluminateLet me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
Am I close here?Comment
-
Re: DJ's youve never seen but must to make your life complete
Yeah even when he was doing the LSG and Paraglider stuff he was bloody hard to catch. Probably one of the more influential and crowd-phobic DJ / producer around.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: DJ's youve never seen but must to make your life complete
i have seen most of my fav. dj's at least twice. The dj's i have to see to complete my life would be: Marco Carola, Umek and a Babicz or Bodzin live P.A. just for fun.
you all have good taste, i saw many names that im into as well...Comment
-
Re: DJ's youve never seen but must to make your life complete
Don't know about making your life complete, but i saw a live set from a chick called Cassey at Fabric last weekend, who tweaked various knobs and sang live over her own productions....she was quality. Usually the live shows at Fabric kinda kill the vibe the DJ has been building up but she absolutely smashed it.Comment
-
Re: DJ's youve never seen but must to make your life complete
d.danchev, umek ( i have seen him b4 when he played hard techno), Digweed and Sasha together, Paul Oakenfold (no matter hov bad he might actually turn out to be), M.A.N.D.Y., Seaman, Martinez, Cattaneo a hundred times more...there are probably lots more but these are of the top of my head.The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: DJ's youve never seen but must to make your life complete
I don't think there's a must see act but here are a few I'd like to see that I have yet to catch in person
1) Simon Posford - Esp. Shpongle Live (Halloween Oct 31st in London)
2) Laurent Garnier - Rarely comes to the US
3) Carl Craig - Never woke up in time to see him at MovementProviding Aural SatisfactionComment
-
Re: DJ's youve never seen but must to make your life complete
s&d together
hernan
WOW (never seen them both together)
sean cusik
porterFly? Yes. Land? No!Comment
-
Re: DJ's youve never seen but must to make your life complete
Desyn Masiello & Hernan Cattaneo & of course take a time machine back to Twilo days with Sasha & Digweed.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment