If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I read this thread before I got to the Kiss mix, so I was curious to see how it was. Anyway, I liked it a lot, but I've always liked the experimental stuff just as much as the "regular" stuff. That mix of Depeche Mode is wicked.
There were lots of great tracks, and I'd heard almost none of them before. So for me, a very enjoyable mix.
I love Mr. Holden. Hands down beats any producer out there with beauty and emotional song appeal. He certainly has his own class and style.
His mixing is very strange and unique. Some of the sets I have heard are indeed on point, and some others I just feel he wants to create that cataclysmic feel.
I have much respect for the young chap. He does some excellent work.
maybe it's because Sasha was playing all of Holden's stuff? he had a period of fascination with james work
if so i just got burned big time
but yeah it was stuff sasha overplayed
and then holden was playing it seemed like a copy cat
but if it was his tracks i guess he has a right to play them
of couse they sounded better when Sasha threw them down though
I really like his production and studio mixes. As early as Fear of a Silver Planet the guy's been pushing music ahead.
Never seen him live, but some live mixes around are packed of very cool stuff. I guess since I don't go out clubbing I appreciate him in a different way. Certainly Miami does not seem to be the right place for his current style.
I'm traveling to San Francsico to see him next month. Sometimes his sets can be a bit obscure, but he can also tear some shit up. I'm a big fan and have been from the begining, can't wait to see him.
Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.
i think he sometimes gets screwed by who he is playing with and his timeslot.. i saw him last year.. and he came on after luke fair and before chris fortier.. so of course it seemed a bit of a let down.. but take nothing away from him, he knows what he is doing even if no one else does, lol.
I remember the lanky kid Holden handing out flyers after Bedrock years ago, he's done well for himself imo, great producer, Balance 5 was amazing, his kiss mix was spot on, i'm no fan of electro but his mixing style is pushing the boundaries and i suspect in a years time the'll be alot of djs mixing like him.
Overall I thought his Kiss 100 mix was very good. Cool music and not bad mixing. I guess is just a matter of taste, no discussion ... I'm looking forward to hearing At the Controls
At the Controls is just another example of the kind of talent James Holden has... May not be the best DJ live, but his among the best producers/DJ in the studio, consistently releasing innovating and well crafted compilations and massive tracks. All my respect to the guy.
I saw him on Saturday night just past and he just doesn't really do it for me I'm afraid. He definitely plays some tracks that I like, and occasionally pulls out some great mixing but it just doesn't seem to engage me. Oh well, different strokes for different folks!
At the Controls is just another example of the kind of talent James Holden has... May not be the best DJ live, but his among the best producers/DJ in the studio, consistently releasing innovating and well crafted compilations and massive tracks. All my respect to the guy.
On that note I hated cd1 from at the controls I just can´t listen to it, every time I push stop half the way, cd 2 is ok but not really what I expected.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment