If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Just wanted to take a moment to let all my Ohio MS'ers know about a gig that could go down as a spectacular event for Columbus nitelife. Taking place at BOMA this coming Friday is the great man who helped bring S&D to America...Jimmy Van M. He's going to be playing in the main room and aparently the promoter is even bringing in extra sound just for this event.
So who's down to go... $5 for a great night. Super Good Promotions is looking to begin bringing dj's and acts back to Columbus that haven't been here in a long time, and some that have never been here. And bring them to a big club with great sound and lighting.
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
hmmm cool! I think I'll be able to make it We should all check in later in the week to confirm and maybe us few Ohio MSers can even find a way to meet up real quick during the event...
Five bucks
now that is one hell of a cool promoter.
Originally posted by Shpira
So came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by Illuminate
Let me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."
Only a few more days my columbus ohio JVM loving mates.
BTW. I've just gotten in touch with Jimmy and he's up for doing an interview for a company that I'm helping out called COW TV. And we are going to INTERVIEW him for the site. Should be pretty awesome. The interview won't be too long though. You don't need more than 5 minutes but we're gonna have that and a little footage of him while spinning at BOMA.
probably around 12 midnight. Which is usually the time for the main headliners. Could be 11:30...but I don't really know.
I just spoke to Jimmy on the net and he says he's really looking forward to this gig, as it'll be one of the first gig's he's done in the states for a while. So I know he's pumped about it.
looks like I'll be able to make it! but arriving a bit late...hope they still let me in. I'll be on the lookout for your guys, I think I'll be able to spot you
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment