If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
There I was thinking fuck this guy is amazing, and I kept telling my friend I haven't heard such great mixing in a while (besides Howells this year). The way the sounds were coming in was orgasmic. So I went up to see how many decks he was on. None, dude was using a Macbook Pro
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoff
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
^ I agree. Even if a laptop sets easier standards those who are talented will be above the average dj. It will be the same story as with digital/analog photography...
So you're saying you were having a really great time, loved the music and the blend, yet when you found out he was using a laptop it ruined everything?
So you're saying you were having a really great time, loved the music and the blend, yet when you found out he was using a laptop it ruined everything?
I don't understand people that think this way... this reminds of a time when i invited a friend over to eat , and the meat was made out of soy bean , she being a hardcore carnivorous was enjoying it and didn't even notice
when she was done i asked her what she thought about it ? and she said it was the most delicious thing she's had in a while , after i told her it was made out of soy bean she felt disgusted hahaha i can never forget the look on her face
So you're saying you were having a really great time, loved the music and the blend, yet when you found out he was using a laptop it ruined everything?
I wouldn't complain about the laptop djing if the music was good but the vinyl - cdj feel definteley gives you a different vibe especially in a club imo.
Well I'm not usually one to discriminate, but I was listening to the mixing and it was amazing (like I said in my first post), so my dissapointment at discovering it being done on a laptop is reasonable? The tunes were alright, I can't say the flow was all that great, but every mix was a long mix and blended so beautifully, he could've dropped any tune in that mix and he'd probably have pulled it off. I can't help feeling disappointed to discover the technical mastery wasn't done by hand.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoff
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
You had a good time right? You go to clubs to have a good time, yes?
Now personally I prefer to DJ with vinyl when I am playing... I find Ableton boring and cdj isn't tactile enough. However, when I am in a club I have not got a care in the world what the music is being played on... My ears are the things that are tuned in... I could quite easily leave my eyes at home.
I really think you guys need to get your priorities right.
WHat...????
I read this and i find it hilarious , the vibe... are you guys serious ?
I'm pretty sure the guys that turned towards laptops and software in their dj'ing wisdom did it to improve their performance ... I suppose that laptops read crowds and chooses which tracks to put next and where to do the blend right? gimme me a break srly...
Digweed is going TRAKTOR this year ...so take that mofos'
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment