mercuryserver progressive culture • est. 2002 TRY THE NEWHORIZON BETALIVE READ-ONLY PREVIEW ↗

Shopping Addiction

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AntonyM
    replied
    Re: Shopping Addiction

    Originally posted by Erik Mitchell
    I spend all my money on booze and drugs. Oh and fair amount of money over at Beatport
    A very noble addiction I salute you

    Leave a comment:


  • ddr
    replied
    Re: Shopping Addiction

    Originally posted by hypoluxxa
    Only a select few here know the damage these have done to the bank accout:

    oooo a BAPE head

    i like Supreme and OriginaFake myself, hehe.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erik Mitchell
    replied
    Re: Shopping Addiction

    I spend all my money on booze and drugs. Oh and fair amount of money over at Beatport

    Leave a comment:


  • Digger
    replied
    Re: Shopping Addiction

    Originally posted by Kamal
    DAMN you're the first woman I know who has ever had any interest in anything remotely hifi and done something about it.

    I'm kinda sorta in the same place. I work insane hours and so most weekends I just wanna be a couch potato. With the fact that this shit hole of a town has NOTHING to do, clearly my weekends tend to boring (unless sugana and me are travelling). And so we spent a lot on getting shit for the house and electronics. Last year I spent more on electronics than I ever have in my 11 years in the US.

    Unfortunately this year I have nothing left to buy and no place to put it in the apartment either
    buy a bigger house

    Leave a comment:


  • hypoluxxa
    replied
    Re: Shopping Addiction

    Originally posted by AntonyM
    ^^ Isn't it that was it is all about, will you be rocking one for Diggers at the Mayan

    For Sure!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • AntonyM
    replied
    Re: Shopping Addiction

    ^^ Isn't it that was it is all about, will you be rocking one for Diggers at the Mayan

    Leave a comment:


  • hypoluxxa
    replied
    Re: Shopping Addiction

    Originally posted by feather
    Man I think Bathing Ape is so overrated. What's the appeal in that?

    Quality of the materials.. AND I like the fact that I never walk into a club, or anywhere for that matter ans see anyone wearing the same thing I'm wearing.
    It certainly isn't for everybody.

    Leave a comment:


  • feather
    replied
    Re: Shopping Addiction

    Man I think Bathing Ape is so overrated. What's the appeal in that?

    Leave a comment:


  • hypoluxxa
    replied
    Re: Shopping Addiction

    Originally posted by Miroslav
    ^^ what in the heck are those?
    "A Bathing Ape (or BAPE) is a Japanese clothing company founded by Tomoaki "Nigo" Nagao in 1993. The company specializes in street wear, operating stores in Japan, including BAPE, BAPE Store, Foot Soldier and the Bape Exclusive store (located in Aoyama, Tokyo). The company also operates Bape Cuts hair salon, Bape Café and gallery, Bape Sounds records. There are also stores located in Hong Kong, London, New York, Taipei and Los Angeles.
    This is, ironically, a reference to the lazy opulence of the younger generation of Japanese, the brand's own customers.To expose the brand he gave T-shirts to Cornelius who wore them when performing. For two years he produced 30 to 50 shirts a week, selling half and giving half to friends. In 1997, Nigo released his debut album 'Ape Sounds' under Mo'Wax, with DJ/Producer James Lavelle of UNKLE."

    Leave a comment:


  • Miroslav
    replied
    Re: Shopping Addiction

    Originally posted by Cj Tari
    i used to have a really bad habit of buying cd's, i would spend hours at the record store searching trough all kinds of cds, rock, edm, punk etc.
    I did exactly this, as far back as ten years ago before I ever discovered house/techno/records...spent hours upon hours in CD stores where you could listen to stuff before you buy... Once I came across vinyl, it was a very natural transition.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cj Tari
    replied
    Re: Shopping Addiction

    i used to have a really bad habit of buying cd's, i would spend hours at the record store searching trough all kinds of cds, rock, edm, punk etc.

    now i have a really bad t-shirt addiction, it kind of stopped for the last couple of months due to my bad economy, but hopefully by the next couple of months it will resume.

    Leave a comment:


  • Miroslav
    replied
    Re: Shopping Addiction

    ^^ what in the heck are those?

    I actually recently realized that I don't buy much. I live a pretty simple life; hell, I've never even owned cable or had a car payment yet. This made it nice and easy to buy a lot of records, until I found out I would be losing my job soon...and now I don't really spend on anything other than basic necessities. And it's actually not very "hard" at all. Life is good.

    Leave a comment:


  • hypoluxxa
    replied
    Re: Shopping Addiction

    Only a select few here know the damage these have done to the bank accout:

    Leave a comment:


  • DIDI
    replied
    Re: Shopping Addiction

    Just get the the place burgled so you can buy up again

    I know, very bad joke

    Leave a comment:


  • Kamal
    replied
    Re: Shopping Addiction

    Originally posted by feather
    Buy another apartment?
    we've thought of it numerous times but unfortunately since we are int he final stages of naturalization, its easier not to move....

    Leave a comment:

Working...
    THE DOOROCTA PLAYER
    Enter the full venue ↗