I suppse one of the best examples of it for me was Digweed LA. It did nothing for me at all on first, second or even third listen, then we drove back from the very last session in Birmingham, I put it on and it just clicked into place. Whenever I've had that experience its been one of the most brilliant experiences in my life. I also had it off Yoshiesque 2 at a party round my house after the Gatecrasher 2001 Summer Sound System.
Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
Collapse
X
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
I suppse one of the best examples of it for me was Digweed LA. It did nothing for me at all on first, second or even third listen, then we drove back from the very last session in Birmingham, I put it on and it just clicked into place. Whenever I've had that experience its been one of the most brilliant experiences in my life. I also had it off Yoshiesque 2 at a party round my house after the Gatecrasher 2001 Summer Sound System.Originally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
My sentiments exactly... I always give an album a couple tries before I disregard it cause so many albums have caught me by surprise on the third or fourth listen that leaves me begging for more and wondering how come I missed certain parts the first time round. Sometimes even after many spins; will have some hidden gems that make me go whoa...where did that come from! But like floridaorange rightly mentioned - who really puts the effort - its a fast paced world that caters to instant gratification.... C'est la vie.For me the best CD's are the ones I bought and where completely incomprehensable to start with and then I randomly pick them up months or years later and they just blow my mind. The CD's that have instant impact I tend to tire of after a while. but so many clicked later. I suppose that's why I'm now not in a hurry for the most up front mixes or Cd's anymore.
After so many good reviews, I will definitely give this album a spin.~ You are what you think you are ~
Comment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
Dude. Look at my age. It´s not the first CD I´m bashing
As said above: a mix-compilation should lead to somewhere, should offer some bigger view or something. Should create a bow. I find a lot of those tracks utterly nerving, that said I don´t need to give it another try.
One nerving song in a set: No problem. Two or more of that: thanks, I´m done. That kills the flow, and I´m not willing to skip more of the tracks to "enjoy" the album.
Cheers,
G.
Comment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
Agreed that some mixes grow on you, but by the very same argument you put forth, there're so much music out there these days, if a mix doesn't grab you with its opening track and the first half of the CD, then it's failed IMO.I tried that approach and the funny thing is, it actually works. I can't say I have the patience to do this with any real consistency, but I kind of wish I did...but with all of the music out there to listen to, who puts in that kind of effort? Typically, no one. You appreciate the tracks and sequence on a different level, give it a try some time.
You're saying mixes can grow on you, but there's a certain bias in that because if this was a mix from John Doe, you wouldn't give it the time of the day. You're approaching this as a mix from Jim Rivers and you expect something out of it, so you're listening to it more and giving it more time hoping that something will reveal itself to you.
It's like if you sent in a promo to Digweed, I think in an old interview he mentioned he might only have the time between the club and the airport to listen to it, so if the mix doesn't grab him in that interim, it's gone.
I can say most of the mixes or DJs I'm into grab me from the first track. They might fuck it up 3/4 into a mix, but I'm already sold from that opener and first 1/2 of the mix.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
Agreed on this.. in most cases..
That opening track on CD 1 definitely grabbed me
~ You are what you think you are ~
Comment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
The first time I heard Hernan it was his first Renaissance and I was underwhelmed enough to think twice about going to see him. And well, we all know how that turned out. I love that cd and that night was amazingI suppse one of the best examples of it for me was Digweed LA. It did nothing for me at all on first, second or even third listen, then we drove back from the very last session in Birmingham, I put it on and it just clicked into place. Whenever I've had that experience its been one of the most brilliant experiences in my life. I also had it off Yoshiesque 2 at a party round my house after the Gatecrasher 2001 Summer Sound System.
Definitely give everything at least a second chance now. Btw Haven't heard anything from this yet.
Feather , I do love the ones that grab you with the opening track, and they stand a much better chance of a better listen.The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
wow GU LA ... how do you not get hooked by Apollo Vibes? And seduced by Love in Traffic? And totally fucked up with the rest of the mix?
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
^^^I´m also one of of the few that just dosent get that mix
GU LA puts me to sleep every single time, hell i´ve even gave it a try compleatly f***ed and it still didn´t do anything for meQuiero brincar al agua para caer al cieloComment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
Yeah the opening is brilliant, even on the first listen. I think a lot of people didn't like it much after that. But i do feel it was a harder mix it get into. It took me about 10 months but when it clicked together it was magic. Nick Warrens Amsterdam GU took me 8 years, that why I always look after my CDsOriginally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
Yeah the opening is brilliant, even on the first listen. I think a lot of people didn't like it much after that. But i do feel it was a harder mix it get into. It took me about 10 months but when it clicked together it was magic. Nick Warrens Amsterdam GU took me 8 years, that why I always look after my CDs
Yep same here I used to hate that mix it took me about 2 years to get in too it, after that it actually became my favorite GUQuiero brincar al agua para caer al cieloComment
-
Re: Nubreed 007 mixed by Jim Rivers - my debut mix out now!
Strangely enough i understand that, Every now and then I will pull out something old and play it and just go Wow!! How come I didn't get that before !!The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
~ You are what you think you are ~
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment