If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
you just must respect my opinion, and I think if it really relatively care a bit what frequent users think .. .. it would be good in a positive way that this be considered
... wanted to convey that in my opinion the quality of the web was totally badly affected ..compared to when I became a user, and that quality was one of the main reasons for me together with the music
So you are saying there were a lot of quality mixes being posted, and now it's full of crap?
Definately quantity over content .... new and underground artists I've got no prob with (+ its great how you pick up on a new DJ and then manage to find older sets) - but David Guetta sets are completely outside the [ms] demographic and needless.
Plus there are the needle vs haystack sets requests, video threads where no set exists, and needless bumps where there are no new ID's, worthwhile new comments or new rips.
The DJ database is a real plus ... but this still may not eliminate spam threads.
sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
and definitely no respect to a user who does not respect the other users' posts
a shame that is most important users that only copy and paste .......... that users who somehow bring something more, .... in this way quality users will be going away
We have people subscribed to David Guetta. Just because you don't like an artist, doesn't mean someone here doesn't want to see sets posted by them
1.... Dancing Queen ... just taken Karen off my xmas card list :P
sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
I think the only way to safely navigate the P+R section nowadays, unfortunately, is by using the DJ database... it's an indispensable feature to have given the sheer amount of stuff being posted each day... and while I can appreciate members' enthusiasm with sharing sets, it just seems a bit spam-ish to me when really random sets are being posted, or double and even triple posts are being created... for a quick buck.
The argument can be made, well if you don't like what you see, then use the DJ database to avoid navigating pages... but then why should that person have to be forced to use one method at viewing/browsing/acquiring knowledge of new music... I can see both sides to the matter, freedom of posting vs. quality of posting, but it just seems like there isn't a balance right now...
1.... Dancing Queen ... just taken Karen off my xmas card list :P
Hahahah that's funny that I am the only one.....what can I say, now and then I like to bust it to some cheesy music :P
sigpic RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
I think the only way to safely navigate the P+R section nowadays, unfortunately, is by using the DJ database... it's an indispensable feature to have given the sheer amount of stuff being posted each day... and while I can appreciate members' enthusiasm with sharing sets, it just seems a bit spam-ish to me when really random sets are being posted, or double and even triple posts are being created... for a quick buck.
The argument can be made, well if you don't like what you see, then use the DJ database to avoid navigating pages... but then why should that person have to be forced to use one method at viewing/browsing/acquiring knowledge of new music... I can see both sides to the matter, freedom of posting vs. quality of posting, but it just seems like there isn't a balance right now...
Well said Caley! I'm just wondering why the double, triple, and quadruple is being tolerated these days (on a daily basis)? Please answer that one Pickle.
I don't see him disrespecting anybody. The only disrespect I see on [ms] is members disrespecting him.
You don't consider putting up music links that also link us to porn disrespectful ??
So many people are obviously upset by what is happening perhaps you need to stand back for a moment and ask yourself why. We are the people who regularly contribute to these forums , for better or worse sometimes , and our opinions should count. You tell us if we don't like it to go away?? Be careful what you wish for.
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
We already have moderators who are merging the duplicate threads. If any other unbiased members would like to help keep duplicates merged in P&R, I'd be interested in speaking with you in private.
We already have moderators who are merging the duplicate threads. If any other unbiased members would like to help keep duplicates merged in P&R, I'd be interested in speaking with you in private.
You are completely ignoring the problem of inappropriate links.
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
We already have moderators who are merging the duplicate threads. If any other unbiased members would like to help keep duplicates merged in P&R, I'd be interested in speaking with you in private.
Surely if it was considerate members who care about the music and want to be a part of the community that were posting the links and not some script that farms and reuploads links links for profit every other thread wouldn't need moving and merging?
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment