Resident 403 Xmas Special- 6 hrs set recorded live at Woodstock Bloemendaal- Part 6

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thebanned1
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • May 2009

Re: Resident 403 Xmas Special- 6 hrs set recorded live at Woodstock Bloemendaal- Part

thanks for the tracklist chris

tune of the mix imo...

How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• Hoff
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Aug 2009

Re: Resident 403 Xmas Special- 6 hrs set recorded live at Woodstock Bloemendaal- Part

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫

01. [000] Initial - Little Helper 298-4 (Ambient Version) (Original Mix)
      02. [006] Kora - Kanjira (Extended Mix)

but there is huge mental thing between those 2 really !?,

that Far tune with vocals and some

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Thanks for the joined file!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Knightsfan87
          Gold Gabber
          • Apr 2010

Of the 3 he's released these past 3 years, this set is the stand out IMO

Comment

• willes
            Getting Somewhere
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Knightsfan87
            Of the 3 he's released these past 3 years, this set is the stand out IMO
            i agree

Comment

• GregWhelan
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

I managed to get to the 2 hour point before switching off. I think I’m probably done with Hernan sets now. I just do not enjoy this music. I think if you took a 10 minute sample of one of his sets from each year in the past ten years you would not be able to tell any difference between each sample. It genuinely sounds like the same track over and over again. Six hours of it? Not for me.

Shame really as I have enjoyed many of his cd releases and sets over the years. Metrodance from 2006-2010 was excellent. But his sound hasn’t evolved in my opinion.

Comment

• chuckc
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

^^Cant wait to hear Di's rebuttal.

It takes a special ear to feel hernans music. very deep and melodic, you have to let yourself zone in or out lol.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

^^^ Well here you go I think you need a special ear to hear the nuances of any music

My first thought here was when did he last have a hearing test.?? Seriously if you can't hear how Hernan's music has progressed over the years ?? He does have a signature sound but that signature sound can , and does, encompass many worlds of different music. I said this to someone recently .

"It’s astonishing that he has kept that wonderfull sound that so many of us love and yet the variety and complexity has changed immensely."

This sums it up for me. Over the years I have loved many artists , simply by being older, , I think I have heard more variety and more music than most here. Music has always been incredibly important to me. Not just dance music. But Hernan's music has outlasted every single one of those artists. He makes me very happy, he gives me joy in a sad world.

In dance music I have heard many Djs play the same set over and over. I remember BT playing the same set two years in a row here in Melbourne. It doesn't happen as much now But Hernan always works on every single set to give something new to us. Every set no matter where it is or how many people are there, is treated the same , only 100% is good enough !! And it shows . !!!

He is a complete DJ !!!

And thank you Greg for giving me the opportunity to say all this .
                  Originally posted by TheVrk
                  it IS incredible isn't it??
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                  Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                  The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• GregWhelan
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
                    ^^^ Well here you go I think you need a special ear to hear the nuances of any music

My first thought here was when did he last have a hearing test.?? Seriously if you can't hear how Hernan's music has progressed over the years ?? He does have a signature sound but that signature sound can , and does, encompass many worlds of different music. I said this to someone recently .

"It’s astonishing that he has kept that wonderfull sound that so many of us love and yet the variety and complexity has changed immensely."

This sums it up for me. Over the years I have loved many artists , simply by being older, , I think I have heard more variety and more music than most here. Music has always been incredibly important to me. Not just dance music. But Hernan's music has outlasted every single one of those artists. He makes me very happy, he gives me joy in a sad world.

In dance music I have heard many Djs play the same set over and over. I remember BT playing the same set two years in a row here in Melbourne. It doesn't happen as much now But Hernan always works on every single set to give something new to us. Every set no matter where it is or how many people are there, is treated the same , only 100% is good enough !! And it shows . !!!

He is a complete DJ !!!

And thank you Greg for giving me the opportunity to say all this .
                    My pleasure! It’s why we are all different. I know you’re a massive Hernan fan Didi, but it’s just not for me. I stand by my comment on the music evolving though. I genuinely wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between a 2016 Hernan set and a 2019 Hernan set.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Feb 2009

Not arguing at all here but you really can't tell the musical difference / style between 2008 Yellow mix, any of his Creamfields sets or any of the already shared live mixes here and this one? They all are pretty "radically" different and this is not an opinion, just facts. What i´ve found similar is just his trademark.. God bless him for that.

I don´t like any digweed for the past decade but i can certainly recong his style does not sound the same over the years.

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• GregWhelan
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

Nope. I can’t. Downloaded a couple of metrodance shows, listened to the burning man set, and a couple of hours of this. All the same style imo.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                          Nope. I can’t. Downloaded a couple of metrodance shows, listened to the burning man set, and a couple of hours of this. All the same style imo.
                          Fair enough.. that explains a lot.

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

^^^
                            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                              My pleasure! It’s why we are all different. I know you’re a massive Hernan fan Didi, but it’s just not for me. I stand by my comment on the music evolving though. I genuinely wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between a 2016 Hernan set and a 2019 Hernan set.
                              Ahh the classic attempted put down,
                              you’re a massive Hernan fan
                              as if that invalidates me, well it doesn't actually work that way. The music predates the fandom

If you don't like Hernan's music , just say that , we are all different. I might not like it but I could respect it. But it is totally unnecessary to state something that is blindingly, obviously wrong to validate that . Unless you really do have a hearing problem.

I genuinely wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between a 2016 Hernan set and a 2019 Hernan set.
                              I feel for you

Comment

• GregWhelan
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jun 2004

^Am I missing something here? I think you have got the wrong end of the stick. I have offered my opinion on this set. You have responded disagreeing with that opinion. I have then responded saying that’s fine, we are all different, and that you are a fan of Hernan. I’ve been on this board for many years and I know you are a fan, I’m not saying it for any other reason. In actuality, I’m almost apologising to you because I know that you love Hernans work.

I don’t know you, I’ve never met you, I have no interest in arguing with you DIDI. Can we leave it at that?

Comment

Working...