• Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: A big change is on its way...[vb4 upgrade]

How?

Originally posted by DIDI
    I hate the thank you function !! It looks gratuitous and unbalanced.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• DancingQueen
      AVB FanClub | President
      • Oct 2005

^^^ I was wondering the same thing Kamal.

I think its a good idea, but I really wish you could see how you got a thank you without having to sift through threads to find it....I know Tom and Adam have looked, but its just not available right now (or something to that effect)
      sigpic
      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

I still think there should be a direct link to MCast somewhere on the front page or the forum home page, unless i'm missing something I don't see any

I also don't really see the point on having the recent polls on the front page.. hardly any one votes on them, and they're typically irellevant to the over all content of this community.. those along with the mercuryserver news posts on the front, someone who has never been here hits the site for the first time and sees polls about vaccines and obama and a couple of posts that we've upgraded and hernan gets a new comp.. just doesnt seem to give a good first impression

Comment

• picklemonkey
          Double hoodie beer monster
          • Jun 2004

I added a tab for MCast next to Downloads.

I also like the polls, but I can see your point here. I pulled them down for a bit

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
            How?
            Well it looks like people are sucking up and unbalanced that is all you can do . I guess I can just choose to not be a part of it. .
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
              I added a tab for MCast next to Downloads.

I also like the polls, but I can see your point here. I pulled them down for a bit
              perfect! (for the mcast tab)

the polls thing was just my opinion.. but I do think seeing more of the latest posts will give an overall better view as to what the community is about

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

How is it any different from people posting a thousand posts with just "Thanks" in the P&R forum?

Well it looks like people are sucking up and unbalanced that is all you can do . I guess I can just choose to not be a part of it. .
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• picklemonkey
                  • Jun 2004

I'm trying to figure out how to target our content from specific forums. If I could do that, we could do polls from GYY only, show recent MCast content in a sidebar, etc. Until we can figure that out, I don't see any harm in them showing or not showing. We're still only a few days into the new site, and I have plenty to do still before it gets to a state where I'm happy

Comment

• Steve Graham
                    DJ Jelly
                    • Jun 2004

understood

Comment

• picklemonkey
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
                      How is it any different from people posting a thousand posts with just "Thanks" in the P&R forum?
                      I think people are doing that so they know they have downloaded a set. To differentiate it from new sets, rather than to say thanks. If it's really the case (just my suspicion, though) then this mod won't prevent it.

Comment

• feather
                        Shanghai ooompa loompa
                        • Jul 2004

i'm trying to figure out how to target our content from specific forums. If i could do that, we could do polls from gyy only, show recent mcast content in a sidebar, etc. Until we can figure that out, i don't see any harm in them showing or not showing. We're still only a few days into the new site, and i have plenty to do still before it gets to a state where i'm happy
                        rss?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Hoff
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Aug 2009

I hate the thank you function !! It looks gratuitous and unbalanced . To be honest you have to have a thumbs down as well. Although I would prefer that people post what they feel without either. I was glad when you got rid of the rep system. To replace it with this just doesn't work for me.
                          support DIDIs words, ....... not hate but, not like and occupies space vision ......... ... ... most importantly takes off the naturally in the words of gratitude

Comment

• Kamal
                            Administrator
                            • May 2002

I think people are doing that so they know they have downloaded a set. To differentiate it from new sets, rather than to say thanks. If it's really the case (just my suspicion, though) then this mod won't prevent it.
                            actually I thought you would've preferred this mod because it will give newer sets the chance of being seen and not give popular sets the front page of the P&R forum (essentially what you were trying to achieve with the default sort order).
                            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• picklemonkey
                              • Jun 2004

I agree on that part. But if they're doing it to mark the thread as "I've seen this" then the thank you mod won't accomplish that. It just depends on how it's being used, I guess

Comment

• picklemonkey
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
                                I linked to a page in my previous post but hypertexts don't seem to be differentiated in a post, look like normal text.
                                I turned this link underlining on. I hate that it applies across the board, rather than just for links in posts... if I can figure out how to turn it on only for post content, I'll do my best to disable it on the forum elsewhere.

I also made the font on the forum display page one size smaller since the underline helps differentiate

Comment

Working...