If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
guys i know you old established members are slating people for bringing back to life old threads but this one in my humble opinion should always be bubbling near the top.
currently i am reading heart shaped box by joe hill (son of the great stephen king)
You might be interested in a topic I made a while ago concerning this.
Anyone else here a Joe Hill fan? I sent Joe my "Heart Shaped Box" book to get it signed and I got it back today! When I am done reading "20th Century Ghosts" I am going to send it to him to have that one signed as well. For those that don't know who Joe Hill is, he is Stephen King's son and a really good
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
If you're into some hardcore scifi, yeah it's great. The story covers three generations of a family that goes from the early 21st (near future for us) century where information is traded, and reputation is accrued, to the far future where humans choose to live in computer simulations and creating bodies when they feel like it. The far future story has a group of them travelling to a brown drawf star to find an alien artefact which is actually a router plugged into the galactic information higway, except for the humans to port through, they'd have had to make drastic changes to their makeup and thoughts.
The story reads like a roller coaster ride, the ideas are pretty far out
and sometimes they just go over my head, and other times I just can't help thinking no fucking way. Fun nonetheless.
His other books like The Atroticy Arcrhives (magic meets maths, Cthullu meets espionage) are slightly more mundane and funny.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoff
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
If you're into some hardcore scifi, yeah it's great. The story covers three generations of a family that goes from the early 21st (near future for us) century where information is traded, and reputation is accrued, to the far future where humans choose to live in computer simulations and creating bodies when they feel like it. The far future story has a group of them travelling to a brown drawf star to find an alien artefact which is actually a router plugged into the galactic information higway, except for the humans to port through, they'd have had to make drastic changes to their makeup and thoughts.
The story reads like a roller coaster ride, the ideas are pretty far out
and sometimes they just go over my head, and other times I just can't help thinking no fucking way. Fun nonetheless.
His other books like The Atroticy Arcrhives (magic meets maths, Cthullu meets espionage) are slightly more mundane and funny.
I think I just might pick this one up, thanks feather!
i read No Country fo Old Men in one sitting today. good book. the prose had me on the edge of my seat even though i knew what was coming around every turn
i've been reading the electric kool-aid acid test by tom wolfe, but i got busy and kinda forgot about it. great book, i just need to sit down and knock it out.
Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.
"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment