Fanciulli is like Masielo to me, fluff music, something you can put on in the background, but nothing that stops you in your tracks and make you go zomg wtf just hit me. Dhar is right, the music isn't ballsy enough, doesn't have an edge or leave much of an impression. But they both have their fan bases, so I assume the music works for some people ... maybe the handbag brigade who like to think they're listening to something 'harder' than house.
GU 037: Nic Fanciulli
Collapse
X
-
Re: GU 037: Nic Fanciulli
Fanciulli is like Masielo to me, fluff music, something you can put on in the background, but nothing that stops you in your tracks and make you go zomg wtf just hit me. Dhar is right, the music isn't ballsy enough, doesn't have an edge or leave much of an impression. But they both have their fan bases, so I assume the music works for some people ... maybe the handbag brigade who like to think they're listening to something 'harder' than house.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head. -
Comment
-
Re: GU 037: Nic Fanciulli
[quote=feather;715752]Fanciulli is like Masielo to me, fluff musicquote]
Bollocks!! Oh, IMO.
Comment
-
Re: GU 037: Nic Fanciulli
Feather have you have seen Desyn live yah?
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: GU 037: Nic Fanciulli
Nope, only heard his mixes ... I've not felt compelled to catch him live based on his mixes. Point me at some of his live mixes you prefer?
Yeah probably, feels like I said the wrong thing in here
I don't dislike their music, I'm just not crazy about it, same with Sasha. 

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: GU 037: Nic Fanciulli
Love Desyn up to middle of 2006. his Club Home Budapest sets from 05 + 06 are stellar imo. Some may say cheesey but funky groovy house. His 2004 EM & Aria 2004 sets is the bizness too. BTW Feather WTF happened to the avatar?
Comment
-
Re: GU 037: Nic Fanciulli
It was too distracting when I post from work

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: GU 037: Nic Fanciulli
Just to let you guys know a little fact about Prydz...he doesn't fly. The man is scared of flying. I am not joking. I know this because when he was playing in Serbia a friend of mine that knows the guy that booked him said they had to drive to pick him up because he doesn't fly...
p.s. looking forward to hearing some quality music from Nic.The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: GU 037: Nic Fanciulli
his OSO1 and Balance 008 mixes were excellent imo, so I made a point to catch him if he came anywhere near my city which ended up being a real sh*t-hole club in mexico, but his liveset was one of the best I have ever heard live. I think Desyn was a game changer when he first came on the scene.
there was a mix he sent digweed originally right? I really enjoyed that mix at the time as well...
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: GU 037: Nic Fanciulli
p.p.s. Fanciulli and Tenaglia together one of the best sets I heard live + best atmosphere...
The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: GU 037: Nic Fanciulli
I did like his OS, but as I said, it's light melodies, it's like pop progressive house. I'm gonna hunt down this EM and give it a spin.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: GU 037: Nic Fanciulli
Kind of surprised to read this, but seeing as how GU is just getting around to releasing another Nubreed, I suppose that anything is possible.Comment
-
Re: GU 037: Nic Fanciulli
Fanciulli actually did a set with Tenaglia??? Holy moly.Comment
-
Re: GU 037: Nic Fanciulli
I'm not totally sure on that. There was a set going around labeled as Tenaglia & Fanciulli from Space in Ibiza. Tenaglia does some voice overs on it, but there's nothing to say he actually played on the set.Originally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment