Didi, from what I've read, he played 3 gigs in 36 hours, yours being the third. He may have been just tired as hell. But I'm sure it would have been a much more enjoyable set if he were into it like I've heard he normally is. Of course diggers stands up there like a statue sometimes.
Timo Maas - Balance 017
Collapse
X
-
Re: Timo Maas - Balance 017
Didi, from what I've read, he played 3 gigs in 36 hours, yours being the third. He may have been just tired as hell. But I'm sure it would have been a much more enjoyable set if he were into it like I've heard he normally is. Of course diggers stands up there like a statue sometimes.
Glad you made the best of it though. I sure hope his balance comp is better than his gigs there in Australia.
Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.
sigpic -
Re: Timo Maas - Balance 017
Most Djs that do Australia do multiple gigs. So that really isn't a good excuse. Hernan last time , 25 hour flight, straight to Brisbane club , five hour set, Melbourne the next night 6 hour set. , Sydney only 3 hours , Perth another 5 1/2 hours. He travelled a lot more distance and every set was nort only brilliant, but different. Burridge comes here and just about plays nonstop the whole time he is here.
Danny Howells crisscrossed the country multiple times , and it's a big country, earlier in the year. I was at his last gig, 7 hours of absolutely superb, beautifully constructed music.
As Hernan says, "Hey, I'm a Dj" and that is what Djs do.
Timo's longest set was 3 hours here, and from what I have heard so far his sets were similar. So I'm not letting him have that excuse
Perhaps he could have made the best of it as well. 
I have however heard really good reviews on his CD.
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Timo Maas - Balance 017
CD 1 is a surprisingly good mix ... pity about the gig DD.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Timo Maas - Balance 017
I was trying to be funny ,
Hence the
I knew what you meant. I was at the Brown Alley, he was on RMH the next night . He did't kill it. The review I put up here was the best review he got.
He did play some great tunes, but his programming was awful , and the mixing etc. was very ordinary. I think I also said, in his defence, the sound wasn't up to scratch and he had some photographer firing a flash in his face for quite a while. But reading the reviews he played pretty much the same at every gig, and you really did get the feeling he would rather be somewhere else.
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Timo Maas - Balance 017
On first listen, I found the first disc to much more interesting than the second, which, despite a few good tracks, seemed a bit boring. Interested to see if this changes after a few more listens. I was keen to see him a few weeks back, but going by the reviews in this thread from perth & melbourne, it seems I may have dodged a bullet there
Comment
-
Re: Timo Maas - Balance 017
Wasn't actually a bullet
I still had a good night
And it certainly wasn't expensive. He had some great tunes there ! I guess after the amazing night with King Unique, Guy J , Marc Marzenit and Satoshi Tomiie the bar had been raised
Hope you went to that. Apparently Sydney was amazing as well
None of the things that were wrong in the club would apply to the CDs though. It's just that a few of us were using the club night to decide if we would buy the cds.The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Timo Maas - Balance 017
I'm still a bit high from the Guy J etc night. Was definitely right up there with the best this year, or ever for that matter. The artists all loved it as well !! Nobody wanted to leave at the end of the night
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,524
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment