mercuryserver progressive culture • est. 2002 TRY THE NEWHORIZON BETALIVE READ-ONLY PREVIEW ↗

DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Haziel
    replied
    Re: DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

    Leave a comment:


  • dodsy87
    replied
    Re: DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

    how in the fuck is danny howells 111??? I mean people, COME OOOOOOOOON!!!!! These polls are a bigger waste of time than advertising coke as if it is something new and exciting

    Leave a comment:


  • DIDI
    replied
    Re: DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

    Originally posted by TomTom
    ^^ yeah soon you will see him in the mall begging for gigs. NEED FOOD AND HAIR CONDITIONER. PLEASE BOOK ME!


    Sono you have given generously to this thread

    Leave a comment:


  • ace_dl
    replied
    Re: DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

    Originally posted by sono
    I can tell you clubs are increasingly and unfortunatly paying more attention to this poll and base their booking fee on he ranking of the DJ.

    I'm not saying Digweed is going to be out of business but the more he drops year on year the less bookings he will receive especially at big party venues.
    How can you believe that big party venues base their bookings on each year's DJ Mag's Top 100 Poll?

    Originally posted by sono
    Also Digweed has to take some of the blame for his demise with the quality of tunes he's played over the past couple of years.
    Such comments FAIL big time in this forum

    Originally posted by sono
    It'll be interesting to see if John and Sasha reunite next year for a new tour to boost their careers again.
    What are you talking about anyway?

    Leave a comment:


  • TomTom
    replied
    Re: DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

    ^^ yeah soon you will see him in the mall begging for gigs. NEED FOOD AND HAIR CONDITIONER. PLEASE BOOK ME!

    Leave a comment:


  • evo7
    replied
    Re: DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

    Originally posted by sono
    I can tell you clubs are increasingly and unfortunatly paying more attention to this poll and base their booking fee on he ranking of the DJ.

    I'm not saying Digweed is going to be out of business but the more he drops year on year the less bookings he will receive especially at big party venues.

    Also Digweed has to take some of the blame for his demise with the quality of tunes he's played over the past couple of years.

    Sasha, i'm a bit surprised about though because I still think he's very consistent and sounds excellent.

    It'll be interesting to see if John and Sasha reunite next year for a new tour to boost their careers again.
    Digweed's demise???
    you mean his drop in the dj mag poll i think........

    take the trance heads out of the poll and then see where he is

    demise lol

    Leave a comment:


  • DIDI
    replied
    Re: DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

    Leave a comment:


  • PROG
    replied
    Re: DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

    doesn't look surprising to me..i'm just glad my fav dj isn't on top of the list cause i'm not your average listener....kapeesh?


    want a big step to the list? you just have to make a popular vocal track. just don't let Armin mix it or he'll get the credit.

    Leave a comment:


  • DIDI
    replied
    Re: DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

    Originally posted by chunky
    Yeah I didn't mind that tune either. Funny enough that club holds 10,000 people there aren't many DJ's that can fill it. I wonder how many people in there where not really going nuts having a good time but had been cheated into going there because of a great marketing campaign.
    I actually quite liked it!! As part of a set I would really enjoy it. But I need a little more depth before I go nuts

    Hmm I think we may have a very different view on what marketing is. I see it as a pretty essential part of doing business , music or otherwise. Putting your product out there for people to see or hear. Whilst I know some marketing campaigns are less than forthcoming, I don't think of the majority as cheating at all. Keeping things in Digweed terms , the Transitions radio is a good example of the way I see marketing. Good marketing is win/win. They keep their name and product in front of us, we get great music free !!


    Btw Sono, A lot of us haven't heard about the demise of Digweed.
    Last edited by DIDI; November 3, 2009, 12:15:05 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • chunky
    replied
    Re: DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

    Originally posted by bobjuice

    A very early form of going out and getting off it all night to music with magic in it - it's all the fucking same really

    [YOUTUBE]Y2NySUcbv3w[/YOUTUBE]
    Great tune, Soft Cell covered it a few years later. A work mate of mine used to go to the Wigan Casino back in 70's

    Leave a comment:


  • chunky
    replied
    Re: DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

    Originally posted by bobjuice
    A bit of a guilty admission but i've always quite liked this tune, cheesey or not

    [YOUTUBE]AzlS15uk4uI[/YOUTUBE]
    Yeah I didn't mind that tune either. Funny enough that club holds 10,000 people there aren't many DJ's that can fill it. I wounder how many people in there where not really going nuts having a good time but had been cheated into going there because of a great marketing campaign.

    Leave a comment:


  • sono
    replied
    Re: DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

    I can tell you clubs are increasingly and unfortunatly paying more attention to this poll and base their booking fee on he ranking of the DJ.

    I'm not saying Digweed is going to be out of business but the more he drops year on year the less bookings he will receive especially at big party venues.

    Also Digweed has to take some of the blame for his demise with the quality of tunes he's played over the past couple of years.

    Sasha, i'm a bit surprised about though because I still think he's very consistent and sounds excellent.

    It'll be interesting to see if John and Sasha reunite next year for a new tour to boost their careers again.

    Leave a comment:


  • bobjuice
    replied
    Re: DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

    A bit of a guilty admission but i've always quite liked this tune, cheesey or not

    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzlS15uk4uI[/YOUTUBE]

    here's one for the soulboys (and girls) then.

    A very early form of going out and getting off it all night to music with magic in it - it's all the fucking same really

    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2NySUcbv3w[/YOUTUBE]

    Leave a comment:


  • DIDI
    replied
    Re: DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

    ^^^ All true !! Although the closest I came to northern soul, and illegal raves was reading "Last night a Dj Saved My Life "

    Sounds like I should be grateful that Davis Guetta hasn't touched my consciousness

    Leave a comment:


  • bobjuice
    replied
    Re: DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's Poll 2009

    Originally posted by DIDI
    Now David Guetta is a perfect example of why this poll makes absolutely no sense at all . We as sensible people will never understand it Is he more mainstream?? Because he has barely touched my consciousness.
    .
    Maybe he hasn't touched your conciousness because he is so mainstream?
    All i've heard from him has sounded like cheese.

    Remember there will be a lot of voters who haven't heard of Hernan. I know it sounds mad to us people but if you're 17 and into Tiesto then you might not have.

    When i was 17 i was into all sorts of weird electronicness and a bit of Northern Soul which, in time, led me towards (illegal) raves and then to clubs. (i thought i liked my music the harder the better, then i heard Sasha)
    If you asked me then who my favourite dj was i'd probably have said Grooverider.
    I think a good percentage of people who voted will go on to like different things in time, many will move away from dance music altogether. Some will come to this board as they explore differently labelled forms of essentially the same thing.
    As far as i'm concerned though, trance is just another form of techno and if the people who like it go out and have a good time then i don't really care about much else.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
    THE DOOROCTA PLAYER
    Enter the full venue ↗