
>> MY ANGUISH IS ... and let me BE perfectly clear for the last time >> WHAT I HATE IS: When it's the people WHO DO NOT STOP !!!! They just stand there while I am in the booth and Snap & Snap & Snap .... and then When the WHITE LIGHT Comes on for Flash Mode IT KILLS ME! .... Now imagine more than 1, and sometimes (like recently in Argentina) There was like 20 ppl or more up front and after 30 Minutes of me holding my peace I had to stop the music, and ask them to PLEASE stop with the cameras and to PLEASE DANCE & HAVE FUN!! .... AND LASTLY ... The only thing Worse than the constant photo snapping is when they are FILMING ME for 5-10-15 MINUTES! I do not go there to play music so that people can make a DOCUMENTARY of my show!! KAPEESH! Enough is Enough! .....
I played at Water Taxi Beach because of my relationship with PACHA, Benny Soto, Rob Fernandez and NEW YORK CITY! I also happen to live right across the street now and I was born & raised 1 mile away in Williamsburg, so I didn't think it would BE as insane as it was. I did NOT get into this business to BE some "Superstar DJ, or some Big Celebrity either" .... and all of my true friends know this about me! I shy away from many, many BIG profile magazine interviews, I turn down dozens of High Profile & High Paying offers INCLUDING >>> THE OLYMPICS IN GREECE AND AGAIN IN TURIN !!! I SAID NO !!! Because I did not what to BE on stage in some Stadium, on MTV type shows, Big Screens, ETC. THIS IS NOT MY STYLE! I just want it to BE like it was when I held many, many great residencies, and If don't let the people know how I feel, then How will I ever BE able to remotely create this type of FEELING and Environment once again? PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SLACK & JUST TRY TO UNDERSTAND ME! Music IS my purpose & my passion. It is Ultimately GIVING FULLY of Myself to everyone in the building! I am 49 years old and I still want to do this every day as if it were 1977! If this is not DEVOTION to every patron that attends, then I don't know what else to say ..... >>>>>> ALL I'M ASKING FOR IS A LITTLE RESPECT .... JUST A LITTLE BIT! JUST A LITTLE BIT! ;-)
So mayBE I will get thru to 1000s of people today, and even if I have to appear like a fool to 1000s of people all over the world, I guarantee you that about 90% of the people reading this could not or maybe even would not even attend any of my events anyhow! LOL But This is 2000&TEN and FACEBOOK has made things like this possible as opposed to the days of waiting for a magazine to interview you, and then chop the answers and make it appear otherwise! CAN I GO NOW? I NEED AN AXOR SHOWER HEAD AND THE STORE CLOSES 5:30 PM!
Woooooo Fu**ing Hoooooo!! ;-)



Comment